Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Clicking noise

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by dead zone, Jul 11, 2004.

1. dead zone

dead zone Junior Member

My Phone:
    VX10000 Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Anyone have problems with a clicking noise while making phone calls? I have the v60s and the LG VX4400b and the both phones do it. Its an iritating click-click-click noise. not in every call.

2. rich6880

rich6880 Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Using the process of eliminatation, it cannot be a phone issue, because it happens with 2 phones.

Try the phone outside your house, does it happen? If not, it is interference that is caused by somenting in your home.

Happens outside your house, take a little ride, try the phone a distance from your house; does not happen, it is a problem with your local cell tower.

That is all that I can say.

Good luck

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    Have you tried calling Customer Service?

4. Frito

Frito Banned

My Phone:
    Nokia 3589i
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The One And Only, VERIZON WIRELESS
    I have head about this clicking noise and it only happens in certain Verizon markets that use a certain type of switch. Its not the phones or the tower, its the switch. I read it was MOTOROLA brand switches that seem to give off the clicking noise. May also happen in analog, are your phones in analog? You can call CS, but they will more in likely not be ab le to do much. I also read thae only rememdy is to change out the switch. BILLRADIO i think was the user that posted this sometime back. Drop him a PM, he can much better exsplian it then me. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SQFreak

SQFreak Moto's Not So Bad Anymore

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Q9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I think the particular "click" you're talking about is pre-ring. Alltel here does it, on their ancient Motorola switches (which have been making the same clicking noise since the Centel Cellular days).

The click the poster is talking about I have heard on the Alltel Myrtle Beach system, but only once. It sounds like the audio drops out about once every two seconds or something, right? Check other towers, and give a call to TS and be sure to mention that it's happening on more than one phone and on more than one tower if it's true.

6. dead zone

dead zone Junior Member

My Phone:
    VX10000 Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    yea im definitly gonna call CS, if i get anywhere who knows? but i wanna say it might be the cell tower also. Cuz it happens inside and and outside the house. It doesnt happen all the time.

7. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    I think I heard something similar to what you're describing while I was talking on my Sprint phone inside a Blockbuster video. It was a weird click that ocurred occasionally. Haven't heard it before though so it might have been something different than what you're describing.

8. dead zone

dead zone Junior Member

My Phone:
    VX10000 Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    must be a CDMA thing.

9. Buickman

Buickman Gearhead/Gadget freak

My Phone:
    BB 9550, Moto Droid
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon on both phones
    I have that happen, but only when I call my VM from my phone. When it first connects I get a series of three or four clicks. I know it is not my VM box because you don't hear it calling from another line.

10. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I got the awful clicking noises in Myrtle Beach on ALltel too. Sounds like 1990 cellular lol. I never got it on Verizon that I can recall.

I get clicks when calls roll over to voicemail, but I've had it happen with Verizon and Cingular (especially my mom's voicemail). It's annoying, but not frequent.

11. SQFreak

SQFreak Moto's Not So Bad Anymore

My Phone:
    Motorola Q9m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Ah, when you call an Alltel phone or a phone on an Alltel switch (at least the Greensboro switches, and I'd imagine the whole Carolinas), that's a different story. The switches, instead of fake rings, use clicks every second or so to let you know that the call isn't dead but it hasn't found the phone. If the phone doesn't answer, you'll get clicks, then rings, then clicks while the call gets transferred to voicemail, then voicemail. If the phone left the service area unexpectedly (it didn't unregister), it will click for about 30 seconds before transferring you to voicemail (you'll probably hear two clicks in rapid succession as you get transferred to voicemail).

Now, clicks while talking, that's not normal.

12. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)

The pre-ring seems to happen occasionally on Verizon systems as well, but it is pretty standard for Alltel.