Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular turned on more than 25 new cell sites throughout New Jersey

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by jones, May 26, 2005.

1. jones

jones Silver Senior Member

Cingular Sets its Sites on 'Going Down The Shore' This Summer
    Thursday May 26, 4:26 pm ET

ROSELAND, N.J., May 26 /PRNewswire/ -- The unofficial start of summer is upon us. Memorial Day is traditionally the first summer get-away weekend for beach-goers.
    Cingular Wireless, the nation's largest wireless provider, today highlighted its commitment to provide outstanding network performance and a world-class wireless experience for customers using their service when driving down the shore.

So far, this year, Cingular has turned on-air more than 25 new cell sites throughout New Jersey and has improved network coverage in many popular shore spots including Asbury Park, Bay Head, Long Branch, Long Beach Island, Manasquan, Mantoloking, Monmouth Beach, Point Pleasant, Seaside Heights, and South Belmar.

"We are aggressively putting up new sites to give our customers in New Jersey more bars in more places, so that they have the very best wireless network experience when they're at home, at work or driving down to Long Beach Island this summer," said Tom DeVito, Cingular Wireless Vice President and General Manager for New York/New Jersey.

Plus for those rainy days at the beach, Cingular says it's improved in building wireless coverage at many of the shore's most popular shopping malls and other locations including, Ocean County Mall, Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing and the Monmouth Park racetrack.

The company is constantly monitoring its network and that of its competition, driving approximately 95,000 miles per month throughout Cingular's New York/New Jersey market. That's equivalent to nearly four complete trips around the earth!

Cingular continues to enhance its network daily in New Jersey and throughout the metropolitan New York area. This year, Cingular Wireless plans to spend more than $6 billion nationally to add thousands of new cell sites and to fine-tune network performance.
    Source: Cingular Wireless

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    :mad: So how come they haven't fixed the freakin' problem with AMR! :mad:

That should be at the top of the list! We have coverage everywhere in NJ already. What we need is to be able to carry on a conversation without having our voice cut off every two seconds by a poor audio codec and having to repeat what we say all the time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Charles58

Charles58 New Member

I live just north of Seaside Hgts. Cingular this past weekend (Memorial Day)was over loaded with calls in this region. Three or four times I could not place a call-they seem to need more capacity. I haven't had this problem since last Labor Day.

4. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    If they would just add 1 tower in my area, like the promised to do by the end of the 2nd quarter, I wouldn't have left them temporarily for T-Mobile. Sad news, i'm actually starting to like T-Mobile...