Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

cingular text message for minutes used

Discussion in 'AT&T Wireless Forum' started by jediknight, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jediknight

jediknight Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    so it's been 4 days, not including weekend, that i signed up for cingular service and when i dial *646# to get a text message for my minutes used...it says :
    minutes remaining as of :unknown
    anytime 0

i've been told that it takes a while, maybe even weeks(by a cingular CS rep) for the system to put me in but come on, how am i supposed to know if i'm using more than my peak minutes? also, when i do get into the system, will their text message be like verizons that says for e.g.

minutes as of 4:30pm 4/12/05 120 peak, 200 off peak/night

the CS rep wanted to "educate" me on how it's an estimate,blah,blah,blah, i told him i know minutes used isn't in real time, that sometimes theres a lag to update, but he wouldn't tell me if the minutes estimated was based on a specific date and time, just said it's an estimate, anyone know how long before i can check my account minutes?
    JK

2. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    Mine initially did take a week. Here is what the message says:

Mins used as of 4/11
    Anytime:50
    N&W:6
    See Cingular.com for limitations applicable to this service.

Sender: 102

Sent: 8:43:55 pm
    4/11/05

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jediknight

jediknight Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular
    thanks for the reply, so it says as of 4/11, do you think that it means as of 8:43:55pm you had used 50 anytime minutes or does that time just reflect the time the message was sent? i mean when i had verizon, they would send me a message at the time i dialed #646, lets say 4/12 8:30pm but many times the estimate that was on the text message was for minutes used up until 4/11 10:30pm, the day before. well, i'll just have to wait and see but cingular CS is really bad, the 2 people i've spoken with were rude and didn't let me even finish my questions and when i asked them about my at&t phones that asked for subsidy locks when i put in my cingular sim,they gave me an at&t number that routed me back to cingular, its the blind leading the blind
    JK

4. charlyee

charlyee Ultimate Insanity
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t/Airtel/Turkcell
    I am pretty sure that the time reflects the time the message was sent. However, I have found that #646*(definitely not their webpage) does reflect minutes used up to pretty close to the timing of the message, maybe off by a call or 2.

I hope you have good luck with Cingular eventually

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...