Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular TDMA

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by warriorfootball9, Aug 7, 2004.

1. warriorfootball9

warriorfootball9 Junior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    My cousin has still has Cingular TDMA and she said she has noticed that all the calls she makes are breaking up and are not like they are supposed to be. I told because now Cingular is switching to all GSM, and she needed to switch over GSM. She wants to keep her old TDMA plan tho. My question is Will Cingular honor her old TDMA plan and how long will the TDMA be kept on. Has Cingular notified any of its TDMA customers that they are switching over to GSM? Thank you for any help.

2. Sprint PCS 411

My Phone:
    Nokia 3200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless GSM America
    Yes i have been notified in the most abrupt way... they cut off my service, not just did not let me call but they did something to my phone so it would not get a signal then a month later after 20$ of my money is gone (cause i had prepaid) they sent me a letter and told me i needed to buy a new phone and repurchase GSM prepaid

Before they notified me i called Cingular Customer Service which are ONLY open certain hours which is very inconvienant. But i called the CS and they told me they don't know what happened and i had to go out and buy a new phone to keep my existing TDMA prepaid service... at that point i decided to switch to ATT Free2Go and have had no problems and now i get ATT FREE2GO TDMA network and the network your sister gets Cingular TDMA Nationwide. With no activaiton fee (unlike Cingular), .10 message sent and free/unlimited to recieve, .25 per min nationwide and good 24 hr CS.

The thing i wonder is that at my house when i had cingular i got 2 bars and could barley make a call but now at my house i force my phone from ATT 2 bars (ATT Free2Go is better in rural and metro areas than suburban areas being opposite of Cinguar KIC TDMA) to Cingular 3 to 4 bars.

I dont get why i had worse Cingular KIC TDMA when i actually had them versus now i have ATT and get better Cingular TDMA

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    She'll have to get a new plan. I have no idea how long Cingular plans to keep running TDMA, but it is no big secret that their TDMA service has gone downhill in some places since their conversion to GSM.

4. Etorres777

Etorres777 Life is good for now..

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t Mobility
    Usually GSM plans are more inexpensive and have more mintues, features, etc. Tell her just to get a new everything. :D

5. AnthroMatt

AnthroMatt Big Meanie
    Super Moderator Junior Member Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 13 Pro
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, AT&T Prepaid
    True, but if you have a really old plan you may have something like free 7pm nights or similar perks no longer offered.

6. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    TDMA service in general with both AT&T Wireless and Cingular seems to have gone down hill. She should just proabely upgrade to Cingular GSM or switch providers.

7. warriorfootball9

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Cingular in this area is excellent with GSM. So that should be no big problem. Thanks for the help.

8. mframe

mframe Senior Member

My Phone:
    Pixel 3aXL, Moto G7 Power
    Wireless Provider(s):
    TracFone, PagePlus, TMO, Xfinity, H2O
    Cingular has, in the past, let people keep their TDMA plans if they get a GAIT phone. The only 2 GAIT phones available are the T62u and 6340i. I like them (still have a good former Nation TDMA plan), but if you want newer features like color screens or cameras, or a flip-phone, you're out of luck.

9. warriorfootball9

My Phone:
    Samsung X427
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular Wireless
    Thanks for all of the information.

10. Rhiannon

Rhiannon New Member

mFrame - Cingular has stopped "carrying" the Nokia 6340i. It's on backorder & will be out of production once that shipment goes out, meaning that the only GAIT phone available will be the T62u.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...