Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular on Long Island and NJ

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by puffarthur, Dec 17, 2004.

1. puffarthur

puffarthur New Member

Can anyone attest to Cingular's reception quality on Long Island and NJ? On Long Island I pretty much go all over the place, but mostly Suffolk County, and in NJ its mostly from the North in Bergen County to Princeton in Mercer County. I assume Cingular is awesome in NYC.

I'm pretty set on switching from Verizon to Cingular with the Motorola MPx220, but I wanted your opinions on Cingular in this area before i invest $300+ on this thing. Thanks!

2. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I can say that AWE's network in the northern half of NJ is very good to excellent, and since Cingular is now using this network it should be even better with the ability to use T-Mobiles as a backup you shouldn't have problems, as for the southern half of the state, Cingular is 850/1900 & AWE's network is 1900, you shouldn't have problems there either, since once the roaming agreements were opened early this year people on AWE have said there coverage got better on the Cingular network. Can't help with LI though.

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I can vouch for what Fire14 just explained.

In LI, I find that Cingular/AWS is comparable to Verizon. That's as good as it gets.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. dead zone

dead zone Junior Member

My Phone:
    VX10000 Voyager
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    well from a cingular and verizon customer.....i gotta say they both have great reception here in suffolk county.....but i would never get rid of my verizon...i find it that they have better call quality to cingular. i use verizon for work and it gets my job done.

- east farmingdale

5. njsvrzncdma

njsvrzncdma i cant stop the ringing..

My Phone:
    LG vx8500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VERIZON
    union county = verizon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Jrapp

Jrapp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola Q
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Well, that must be a result of the merger because somewhere on this forum is a long thread about a guy in Massapequa, Long Island who couldn't get any reception with Cingular.

7. Fire14

Fire14 Easy,Cheap & Sleazy

My Phone:
    EnV
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Or Cingular/AT&T

8. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I don't know what is wrong with his phone, but Cingular Blue towers have great signal in his area.