Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular NYC and extended

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by adamchew, Nov 7, 2004.

1. adamchew

adamchew New Member

Hello. I was recently in downtown New york city and everywhere my phone said Cingular Extended. Cingular does not have any towers in new york city area? Does anyone else show cingular extended in the city?

Also, now with the merger, will cingular extended soon switch to cingular display on my phone? when will these switch occur in the area? Thanks.

2. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    If you have a Cingular Nation plan GSM or GAIT, there is no need to worry about the display setting. There is lots of information on this forum if you use the search links.

Cingular had no towers in NYC, they have roamed for free off of ATT and Tmobile, depending upon whether GSM or TDMA is used. Now they own the ATT towers. The extend should disapper soon. In CT, it is an indication that ATT towers are being used now and my phone will switch between Cingular and Extend in the same spot. Don't sweat it. Over the many 5 years, Cingular doesn't really seem to care what the phone display says, so I've learn not to care either. I've had both in NYC.

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    adamchew, please joint the Cingular User's Group. There's lots of info there regarding the merger.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...