Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular Nokia 5165

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 17, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Its official, cingular has outdone me, 4 hrs. of work and i cannot get the alpha tag to change on the Cingular....Nokia 5165, i have tried every P/RSID combination i could find, its just too damn hard, then i got it stuck on roam, lucky me i write down everything i do before i do it, o happy day, if anyone has any tricks for me that might be of help...... orthix@yahoo.com excuse me while i chuck this thing out the window......

2. Guest

Guest Guest

and i cannot get the alpha tag to change on the Cingular....
    --------

Not a necessity.

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Guest

Guest Guest

its me again, i cant figure it out, i did the *3001........... and i went to NAM1 - PSID\RSID lists - P\RSID1 - PSID\RSIDE = 4113 | Connected System ID = 4113 | Alpha Tag blah blah| Operator Code (SOC) = 2049 | Country Code = 310 | this is what i put in for a Cingular activated Nokia 5165 and it was unsuccessful......any ideas???

5. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    For Cingular the SOC should be 3, not 2049. Also, Connected System ID should be different than P/RSID.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

so P\Rside # should = ?

7. indystorm

indystorm Junior Member

Dude- you cannot manually change the alpha tag on a cingular phone- You need to take it to a corporate Cingular location with a technician, and he can hook it up to a computer and change it for you.... This is the only way- there is no other-

Jay.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

The only way you can change the alpha tag on a 5165 is by using the Wintesla software and the right set of cables.[​IMG]

9. Drew

Drew New Member

The only way to change the alpha tag on a 5165 is by using the Wintesla software, and the right set of cables. [​IMG]

10. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Guys, don't say that's the only way to do it when there are tons of people who have done it like I did. You just have to know the right P/RSID number. Look for the P/RSID for your area in the website link I posted above.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

I work for Cingular and know how to change the alpha tag on the 5160, 5165, and 8260....Unfortunately, I need the phone physically to do it...