Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular New Plans?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by carebear, Aug 8, 2002.

1. carebear

carebear New Member

I heard rumours that Cingular is coming up with new rate plans in 2 weeks time. Does anybody have any idea what plan is that?

2. cucopasuryn

cucopasuryn Junior Member

I heard that they will be be preffer network plans, like Cingular and AT&T networks. I don`t know you will be able to tell if you are roaming with TDMA phones.

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    So far the Network Preferred plans don't charge for roaming regardless of whose network you are on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nick22182

Nick22182 New Member

I don't know what they are but I heard that more minutes less coverage on National since they are hurting with all those unbillable roaming charges on their current Cingular Nation, maybe something in the line of Verizon Nation Wide

5. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    According to Cingular Reps. Nation Preferred plans WILL NOT charge you for roaming. In their website they say no charges on the GSM network, but if you think about it there can never be roaming charges regardless of where you go in the US because if you get off the GSM network then you have no network at all so there's no way to roam!

But anyway, this is an old subject already discussed in another thread:

http://www.wirelessadvisor.com/waforums/messageview.cfm?catid=2&threadid=3123

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. carebear

carebear New Member

no roaming charges... does that mean no long distance too?

7. cucopasuryn

cucopasuryn Junior Member

Yes on the Gsm there is no roaming charges if you have a Gsm phone, but if you have a Gait sim and switch it to a Gait phone you will be charge for roaming out of Gsm(just in case somebody want to get smart). on Tdma it will be different, we just have to wait and see. maybe they will have 2 national plans. Cingular preffer and Cingular nation. it will be good if they let the customer choose what is the best for their needs.

8. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Mr. Cuco, I've been questioning myself about the same thing but I can't say one way or another. Although, what you are saying makes perfect sense to me, but Cingular doesn't list how much the roaming charge will be in their plans. They only say "Included" so they may be implying that even if you fall into a TDMA system there will be no roaming charges. But then, we have to wait and see what the truth is.

9. parthery

parthery Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9810
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The roaming charges will be $.69/min + long distance of $.25/min. Ouch!

By the way...AT&T was rumored to be doing the same thing and scaling back D.O.R. as of August 15...however that plan has been postponed until at least October.

10. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Parthery, wrong....roaming is only $0.69/minute. Long distance is included in the 69 cents. Also, this rate ONLY applies to local rate plans. We are discussing national plans which don't have any roaming charges.