Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular New Plans starting 8/17?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by carebear, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

how come there trying to get people to buy local plans and not nation?
    --------------

Most users do not leave their 'home footprint,' so consider it a blessing while it lasted. Welcome back to the world of roaming folks! BTW, TDMA plans NO LONGER have Night/Weekend Mins. for Nation Plans unlike GSM. Perhaps the cost for roaming under AT&T and the like were too much for Cingular to absorb.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

the new national plans with n&w minutes will be the preffer national plans, it will be available september 1, the coverage it`s close to americas choise. Don`t know why we have to wait until next mont, maybe they don`t want to sell phones to college students.

3. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    They obviously have too many customers on the Nation Plans. Now, they probably want to discourage them and don't want anymore people using the old Nation plans. Too costly for them I guess. Also, from now on, GSM plans will look more attractive than TDMA plans because they want everyone to move to GSM.

I guess my suspicions about the Nation vs Nation preferred plans were correct.
    http://www.wirelessadvisor.com/waforums/messageview.cfm?catid=2&threadid=3123

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Smithers02

Smithers02 New Member

The old Cingular nation plans were the best thing going in the industry for the last few months. The lower price point at 29.99 at one time was offering 250 peak, with 3500 offpeak (with the offpeak good anywhere in the country), which few if any carriers could match. These Nation plans allowed Cingular to exceed analyst expectations for new subscribers by 50,000+ (est. was 300,000). It worked, and now they will be scaling back to a Preferred Network, which is no different than ANY other provider.

5. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Now that they accomplished what they wanted with the old Nation plans, its time to stop losing money on them. It's like an investment Cingular made. Now it's time to make money.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

The problem however is that those of us in TDMA markets do not get the preffered network plans...we have only Home or Nation plans. You can either have n/w minutes at home or none if you travel. This is pretty crappy if you ask me. GAIT and GSM are a few months off (and that is a very very generous estimate) -- Cingular will not sign many new customers on here in the DC area if they continue to not offer a national plan providing nights and weekends.

7. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    and especially in some areas where there home plan is VERY limited.

Jack

8. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    There's something going on between the national release of the Nokia 6340 and the migration of the Preferred plans to TDMA areas. They are slowly tranferring them. In the meantime, those in TDMA areas don't have much of a choice. If they don't hurry up, potential customers will look elsewhere.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Cingular Nation is now the least plan. No Night/Weekend, less anytime minutes plus 3000 layoffs. What's going on?