Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular New Plans starting 8/17?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by carebear, Aug 14, 2002.

1. carebear

carebear New Member

I've heard from other forums that starting this weekend, cingular is introducing new rate plans. Local plans with rollover minutes, no roaming, no long distance. But for nation plans, they might phased out the night and weekend minutes. Do we have any cingular representative in the DC area to clarify this?

2. Wooff

Wooff New Member

forget Cingular, they're suck.
    All you have to do when you sign up with them is to pray everyday so that the CSR won't screw you up.

3. nester

nester New Member

what a waste of a post. and learn English. at least your profile says you actually have Cingular service... maybe it sucks for you, but I'm relatively happy with my Cingular.

Anyway, Cingular couldn't tell me anything when I asked about the new plans last week. The rep I spoke with said she doesn't have any details yet, but implied that it's supposed to be big changes.

4. cucopasuryn

cucopasuryn Junior Member

Their national plans will be preffered network plans, i don`t know if you will get more minutes but the coverage it`s close to Verizon`s Americas choice(very close) and better than anybody else. they will also have Family plans on the preffered network, that`s a good thing.

5. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Any changes to current plans will be nationwide. DC will be no exception. For what I hear, Nation Preferred plans will be introduced to TDMA markets and will replace Cingular Nation plans. Cingular Nation plans will be modified and according to rumors won't offer nights and weekend minutes. This is to encourage people to use the Nation Preferred plans instead. By the way, how is the signal strength in DC, carebear?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

For what I hear, Nation Preferred plans will be introduced to TDMA markets and will replace Cingular Nation plans. Cingular Nation plans will be modified and according to rumors won't offer nights and weekend minutes.
    ---------------------------------

Are they going to modify accounts in the process or is this just applicable for new accounts and plan migration requests? I was under the impression the preferred nation plan scheme affected their GSM users who would now incur roaming charges for logging onto AT&T GSM towers.

7. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Current customers will not be affected as this is Cingular's policy and I believe any carrier's policy. Technically if you switch or sign up for a Nation plan before the 17, you'll get what's been offered all along and stay with what you have for as long as you have your plan. Only if you switch plans after the 17th, they'll put you on the new plans. If you have a GSM phone with a Nation Preferred plan you can never get roaming charges because the phone will not let you use the wrong network. It looks like GAIT phones are the ones that may incur roaming charges because those can roam on TDMA or analog towers. We'll just have to wait and see to be sure. It's only a couple of days away.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. ATLguy

ATLguy Junior Member

I may have missed a follow-up post, but the initial discussion regarding the (Cingular Nation) plans vs the (Cingular Nation Preferred) plans didn't offer much distinction. In fact, I think I recall someone here asking customer service if there was much difference between the two ... apparently, there wasn't.

I can understand if you Cingular folks can't share details of upcoming rate plans, but perhaps you could shed some light on the differences between these two calling plan labels.

Thanks!
    ATLgu

9. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Currently, the difference is that Nation Preferred plans are for GSM users ONLY and offer more minutes. Nation plans offer less minutes and are being offered in TDMA markets. Now, the problem is that next week, both of these plans are being changed around. Comments here suggest that the changes will be radical and will put Cingular pretty much in the same line with Verizon and AT&T. I've heard that both plans will be offered in both TDMA and GSM markets and the Nation plans will not have nights and weekens minutes (like Verizon SingleRate and AT&T One Rate). Cingular Nation Preferred plans will be quasi-national similar to Sprint national plans, Verizon America's Choice and AT&T National Network. You won't pay for roaming or long distance as long as you are in their network and will have a package of nights and weekend minutes. Again, this is only a combination of information collected from Cingular reps by myself, and what I've heard in the forums so there's a chance something maybe incorrect. We just have to wait until next week for the real truth.

I also read somewhere that the introduction of the GAIT phone Nokia 6340 will be delayed a few days more due to lack of inventory. However, I don't know how much credibility this last statement has. So far this is how much light I can shed on the subject.

10. Nick22182

Nick22182 New Member

Hey guy I am not trying to alarm anybody but the Local Plans for the next price change are great with Long distance from your home calling Area and Roll Over minutes ( Peak for 12 months) but the National Plans are ok less coverage just from their network (Like Verizon AC) and their true No Roaming No long Distance SUCKS!!!!!!

So if you are not in the ones that are out ther today go ahed and chage to them you won't regret it

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Help!
    I had just about decided to get a cingular package this week, but after reading about possible new plans, I don't know if I should wait a couple of days for (perhaps) a better deal, or jump now before the deal sours. After all, they lock you in for 2 years so I'm trying to make an informed decision. Anybody got suggestions? Thanks for your input.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Go with Verizon. Even if you lock-in for two-years you can always change your price plan at any time, upgrade your phone after a year; and, best of all, your promotional minutes always follow you...

13. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    Same with Cingular. However, if you want a Nation plan, don't wait until next week as they won't be offering nights and weekends after next week on the Nation Plans. Nation Plans are the only ones with no roaming no long distance in the whole US that include night and weekend minutes. They will be offering Nation Preferred plans with more minutes than anyone else, but it will be similar to Verizon America's Choice in coverage. If you want a local plan, then you might as well wait for next week. However, even if you sign up right now, you can change you plan anytime if you like the ones coming out next week better.

14. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    Can anyone share the new plans?

Jack

15. bobolito

My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    I'll tell you tomorrow Jack...[​IMG]..hehe

16. ATLguy

ATLguy Junior Member

So ... it's finally the 17th ... any word on the new plans yet? I checked the cingular.com website and didn't see anything new. Is today the day or do we have to wait a little longer (I honestly don't see why there's so much secrecy surrounding plan updates anyway). Oh well, that's the way it is, I s'pose. [​IMG]

ATLguy

17. Guest

Guest Guest

yeah, whats goin on? cant someone tell us today?

18. Nick22182

Nick22182 New Member

Ok this is what I know for a fact Local $39.99 and above roll over minutes peak for 12 months. On local you can still call anywhere in the USA but if you are outside your home area .79 roaming. No Prefferd Network Until Sept. 1 but it is very close to Verizon AC and the true Cingular Nation less minutes no Nights & Weekends (so there it is). Get your Cingular Nation whiole you can!

19. Mike

Mike Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile, Verizon, Cingular
    I was at a Cingular Store today and the new plans won't come out until Monday, Aug. 19th. You still have the rest of today (Saturday) and tomorrow, Sunday Aug. 18 to get the old plans.

I could not get too much information out of them, but it did sound like the nights and weekends on the Congular Nation plan would either be cut way back or not there at all. They would not say which. This seems to be the best kept secret on any new plan rollout.

The Local Plans seem to be what they will be pushing, with lots of minutes and unused minutes will roll over.

I guess we will all have to wait until Monday to see what the new plans will really be. I have noticed the billboards around town that had the old Cingular Nation are now gone.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Cingular plans are now the best. Rollover minutes, Night and weekends are not being removed.

21. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    How do you know? do you work for Cingular?

Jack

22. Guest

Guest Guest

Friday August 16, 2002 11:32 AM

Go with Verizon. Even if you lock-in for two-years you can always change your price plan at any time, upgrade your phone after a year; and, best of all, your promotional minutes always follow you...

----

And be pro-rated in the process for migrating into a different plan??? No thanks.

23. ATLguy

ATLguy Junior Member

Why do (anonymous) people keep pressing this issue? Cingular has been offering the "Cingular Promise" for as long as I remember. Among other things, they promise to provide you with a calling plan that best meets your calling needs. In other words, you can change your calling plan at ANY TIME. When you sign a "contract" with these guys, it's a commitment to the service, not the calling plan. Just check out their webpage or any Cingular store for more info...

ATLguy

24. Guest

Guest Guest

Just checked out the new price schemes for Cingular and must say that they absolutely SUCK now! Hold onto your plans and don't migrate! I'm probably going to jump ship in the upcomming months and open a second account with AT&T.

25. Guest

Guest Guest

No longer any night or weekend mins on Cingular Nation plans in CT...

26. ATLguy

ATLguy Junior Member

Looks like a major plan overhaul... In Atlanta, the Local plans now include 3000 N&W minutes, plus a "rollover" promo on the more expensive calling plans (>= $39.99, with only 1000 minutes on the $29.99 plan).

The Nation plans are significantly more expensive now, but they include 3000 N&W on plans over $39.99 (the $29.99 plan includes 1000 N&W minutes).

I'm surprised that there's no mention of the Cingular Nation Preferred plans. I guess they will not be making a true nationwide appearance for the time being (and that really doesn't bother me, since the Nation plans are superior anyway [​IMG]

ATLgu

27. Mike

Mike Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Using the Tampa lookup here is what I got:

The Cingular Web Site has been changed with the new plans. Cingular Nation has lowered the anytime minutes and dropped the nights/weekends minutes. The $39.99 now only has 250 minutes, Nationwide Long Distance, Roaming still included. It looks like it is still the anywhere in the US plan, not just their network plan like Verizon America Choice.

The Home plan has 400 anythime minutes for $39.99 plus 3000 night/weekends minutes plus the roll-over minutes. I guess this is what they want you to use, the Home Plans.

Cingular Wireless

28. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

not a big fan of the plans anymore. that nation is crap $30 for 150mins but they do got a new motorola on the site looks kinda cool

29. G20Ryder

G20Ryder Member

how come there trying to get people to buy local plans and not nation? what doe sthat do?

30. Mike

Mike Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola RAZR V3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    New Cingular Nation Plans (TDMA) For Tampa, Florida - No more Nights/Weekends and less Anytime minutes.

Cingular Nation 150 $29.99 150, Addl. Min. $0.45, 3-WAY, CF, CID, CW, LD, BASIC VM*, DB*

Cingular Nation 250 $39.99 250, Addl. Min. $0.45, 3-WAY, CF, CID, CW, LD, BASIC VM*, DB*

Cingular Nation 350 $49.99 350, Addl. Min. $0.39, 3-WAY, CF, CID, CW, LD, BASIC VM*, DB*

Cingular Nation 500 $69.99 500, Addl. Min. $0.39, 3-WAY, CF, CID, CW, LD, BASIC VM*, DB*

Cingular Nation 900 $99.99 900, Addl. Min. $0.39, 3-WAY, CF, CID, CW, LD, BASIC VM*, DB*

Cingular Nation 1500 $149.99 1500, Addl. Min. $0.35, 3-WAY, CF, CID, CW, LD, BASIC VM*, DB*

Cingular Nation 2000 $199.99 2000, Addl. Min. $0.29, 3-WAY, CF, CID, CW, LD, BASIC VM*, DB*

New Cingular Home Plans (TDMA) For Tampa Florida - Nights/Weekends starting with $39.99 plan.

Cingular Home 50 $19.99 50, Addl. Min. $0.49, CID, CW, LD, 3-WAY*, BASIC VM*, CF* Roaming Per Minute $0.79

Cingular Home 250 $29.99 250, Addl. Min. $0.45, CID, CW, LD, 3-WAY*, BASIC VM*, CF* Roaming Per Minute $0.79

Cingular Home 400 w/ Rollover $39.99 400, Addl. Min. $0.45, 3000NW, CID, CW, LD, 3-WAY*, BASIC VM*, CF* Roaming Per Minute $0.79

Cingular Home 600 w/ Rollover $49.99 600, Addl. Min. $0.39, 3000NW, CID, CW, LD, 3-WAY*, BASIC VM*, CF* Roaming Per Minute $0.79

Cingular Home 1000 w/ Rollover $69.99 1000, Addl. Min. $0.39, 3000NW, CID, CW, LD, 3-WAY, BASIC VM*, CF* Roaming Per Minute $0.79

Cingular Home 1400 w/ Rollover $99.99 1400, Addl. Min. $0.39, 3000NW, CID, CW, LD, 3-WAY, BASIC VM*, CF* Roaming Per Minute $0.79

Cingular Home 2000 w/ Rollover $149.99 2000, Addl. Min. $0.39, 3000NW, CID, CW, LD, 3-WAY, BASIC VM*, CF* Roaming Per Minute $0.79

Cingular Home 3000 w/ Rollover $199.99 3000, Addl. Min. $0.29, 3000NW, CID, CW, LD, 3-WAY, BASIC VM*, CF* Roaming Per Minute $0.79

Cingular Home 3750 w/ Rollover $249.99 3750, Addl. Min. $0.29, 3000NW, CID, CW, LD, 3-WAY, BASIC VM*, CF* Roaming Per Minute $0.79

* Indicates feature is included at no additional charge upon request.

Cingular Wireless