Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular Nation vs. Nation Preferred?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by rockon83, Aug 18, 2002.

1. rockon83

rockon83 Junior Member

Hi,

I saw in the previous post that Nation means you will never get charged for roaming, while the Nation Preferred means, you won't get charged as long as you remain within the calling area. So my question is, if you have Cingular Nation Preferred...when would you get charged roaming?

I have a TDMA Cingular phone, so if I had Nation Preferred, does that mean in NYC I would be charged roaming? Because in NYC Cingular is only GSM, and the TDMA is AT&T's?

I'm just trying to understand when you would be charged roaming fees on the Nation Preferred.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

The Tdma preffer national plan means that you have to be in a Cingular area or a preffer provider area. NYC will be included on the national preffer network. they have to update the phones, so when you go to NYC your phone will display Cingular, even if you are using AT&T in that area

3. parthery

parthery Senior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry 9810
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Your phone will not display Cingular when you are on AT&T. It will however, display "Cingular Extend"

4. bobolito

bobolito Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone SE
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That depends on the area. I am on the AT&T network but my Cingular phone just displays "Cingular".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...