Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular GSM (NYC) phones

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Does anyone have info on the Nokia phones Cingular NYC/GSM customers will be able to purchase? I really want an 8390, but all they sell is the old 3395. WTF??? I'm switching from an 8260 to GSM and I'll be darned if I'm going to step down with my new plan! Does anyone know if they'll be offering any *new* Nokia phones shortly? I already own a phone from GB so having a "world phone" doesn't matter to me [​IMG]

Or can anyone recommend a good dealer for an (unlocked) 3390?

Thanks!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ooops that would be an "unlocked 8390" hehe

3. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    According to PhoneScoop, the 8390 is destined for ATT and possibly Voicestream. Cingular is not in the lineup for this model.

4. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yeah the 3395 is really old....like 2 months....geez, its ancient.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

The 3395 looks like a relic (how old is the 3390?)....and to think that I was upset that my 8260 doesn't have IR nor swappable (without a Torx driver) faceplates...so now that model's cancelled and no one's even picking up the 65/70 T/CDMA phones. Why?

Style, please (I'm not talking about the freakish Moto stuff). I did live in England for 3 months, the US mobile market is embarassing. Nokia has the hardware, why isn't anyone selling it? 3395 styling is OLD!

6. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

They aren't selling it, because the US systems aren't up to par with the rest of the world, when it comes to cell phones, the US is like a 3rd world country.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I would try the new Ericsson T68 with the color screen or the new Motorola V70 instead.