Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cingular 8125 Pocket PC

Discussion in 'Other Smartphones and Mobile Operating Systems' started by chaigwood, Oct 1, 2006.

1. chaigwood

chaigwood New Member

Is it possible to transfer my library music from my pc directly to the phone. Another question. Can the ringtones on my old phone be transferred to the 8125? Thanks in Advance

2. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    To address #1, yeah it's possible, keep in mind you only have approximately 45 megabytes of storage on the phone if you don't use a memory card so I wouldn't advise it without said card (San Disk 1GB is cheap enough, 2GB is quite a bit more expensive but if you need the space you get the idea) once you are connected in activesync start windows media player it'll recognize the Phone and, if installed, the memory card. You can sync any form of audio windows media player supports, video as well. Delve into it and you'll find you can setup a playlist or autosync (automatically add all songs that have x rating or are played at night or are new etc etc) and set activesync to sync media upon connect, this feature is improved in upcoming Windows Vista (activesync is replaced by Windows Mobile Device Center.) Chances are, if you purchased the ringtones over the network depending on what kind of phone you have you'll have to bitpim them, perhaps you can mms (media message service) them to the 8125, but I wouldn't completely guarantee it. Hope this helps.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chaigwood

chaigwood New Member

Thank you! I will give it a try.

4. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Best of luck to you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...