Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Choosing new plan for SC & Charlotte NC

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by jkhaenni, Jul 15, 2008.

1. jkhaenni

jkhaenni New Member

My husband and I have been with AT&T since 2004 and have been very happy with the coverage and customer service we have gotten in the past in the Pee Dee Region of SC. However, both our sons have moved to Charlotte, NC and I phones worked at neither of their homes. We can go 3 blocks away from either area and the phones work great. Any suggestions as to what carrier we should switch to since it is important that we be able to use our phones at the Charlotte homes.

I looked at Alltel and was amazed and the roaming and long distance charges for being in Charlotte. Was I reading the chart correctly. We had no roaming or long distance calling charges with AT&T. HELP!

2. KyleAndMelissa22

KyleAndMelissa22 Woot Woot, Splat !!!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG Lucid 3 / G4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (SID 299, NID 173)
    I goto Charlotte very often with my Alltel phone, and Alltel covers that area very well.
    They will never charge for roaming in that area.

Alltel put coverage in Charlotte, NC before anywhere else nationwide,
    and trust me, you will find Alltel a great choice all over the Carolinas.

It's very rare that Alltel customers will get charged for roaming,
    most of the US is covered by Alltel and preferred roaming systems.

The closest non-preferred system to Charlotte that will charge for roaming
    is in parts of extreme Western NC, west of Asheville, on Ramcell, SID 1518,
    even along I-40 west of Canton & Clyde, NC, and west towards the TN state line,
    there is a 15 minute period on I-40 with absolutely no preferred signal.

I have roamed on Ramcell for just one minute back a few months ago along I-40,
    and this is an area through the passes of very tall mountains.

In your home state (in our case, NC & SC) we should never get charged roaming.
    If you ever somehow get charged roaming by accident, just call Alltel CS,
    explain the situation, and they should credit your account.

Anyway as for AT&T & Verizon, they are also generally a good choice around most of this area.
    If you want good coverage in most of the Carolinas, then stay away from Sprint and SunCom (Now T-Mobile),
    there are many areas around the Carolinas, with absolutely nothing on them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hillbilly44

hillbilly44 Senior Member

I'm suprised because ATT built out the Charlotte area pretty well but concerning your coverage issue you might want to open a trouble ticket with customer service to see if there is an issue at their location. without knowing what kind of phone they're using it could be a phone issue. Just a suggestion.:biggrin: