Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Checklist: Computer -> 3586i ringtone transfer

Discussion in 'Apps ~ Ringtones ~ Games ~ Wallpapers ~ Mods' started by doler, Sep 26, 2003.

1. doler

doler New Member

Checklist: Computer -> 3586i ringtone transfer

I'm interested in finding out everything that I need to buy or download in order to connect my Nokia 3586i to my computer and transfer ringtones over to it instead of through WAP/SMS (since my carrier is US Cellular and they don't support WAP with their Nokia phones - and I'm not interested in buying a new phone or paying for BREW).

I realize that I will need the link cable. Is there any firmware through Nokia that I would need to get to make the cable work? Also, are there programs out there that I would need to convert .mid files into polyphonic ringtones? (Also, could someone let me know what type of ringtone encoding a Nokia 3586i uses? RTTL?)

Is it even feasible to attempt to get ringtones in this manner, or would it simply be more worth my time to trade in my phone and get a Kyocera 3225 with BREW? I'm pleased with the Nokia except for the lack of WAP/SMS. But I'd really like to be able to get new polyphonic ringtones.

Thanks for the help!