Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cheapest Verizon plan?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Mooby, May 18, 2002.

1. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS, Prior-Verizon FreeUp
    Currently I'm using FreeUp and really liking it. I am considering switching to an America's choice plan with Verizon. However, from the looks of it on the web, it appears the cheapest plan is 35 bucks a month. If I were to go to a Verizon store, are there other plans that cost less but give me fewer minutes?It looks like the 35 dollar plan gives you 300 peak minutes and 4000 N&W Home minutes(I assume this means on the AC network). I could probably get by just fine with 150 or 200 peak minutes and some N&W minutes(I'd not come close to using 4000 in a month but I'd like to have a good amount of them). Are there any unadvertised plans with Verizon that offer the coverage of AC but cost less and have fewer minutes? Thanks for any info.
    Edit-Forgot to mention I'm in CT and I've already got a Verizon Kyocera 2135 to use.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

what you see is what you get--verizon may be one of the more expensive carriers--but in this northeast region--they offer much more coverage than any one else---if you're happy with verizon, you'll pay their price...or you can always look for a different carrier

3. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    No, America's Choice Plans start at $35 a month. Local Digital Choice plans use to start at $25 a month but I just went to there website and now even the local plans start at $35 a month.

4. Airb330

Airb330 Silver Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 4
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Hi Mooby, I have FREEUP too, and I am happy with it, but hopefully they will have some cheaper AC plans in the future. Do you remember how to set up FREEUP voicemail? My step-dad just got FREEUP and I forget how to do it, and it's not on the website or on the paper they gave us at the store. Isn't it like call you cell # when the phones off, then push * or # with the temporary VM passcode (its NOT the PIN #, I tired that)....so what is the normal temporary password, or at least what was it for you? Was it your PIN? Thanks.

5. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    when you know you have the minutes available you probally will start using it more. Call verizon customer service and tell them what you would like to do.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I think you dial your number. Then press the # key and enter your pin. I think by default it's the last 4 digits of your setup card # (where it says Prepaid Card Number). If you can't figure it out, give customer service a call.

7. Mooby

Mooby Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sanyo 8200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Thanks for the info all. I think at this point I'm gonna stick with FreeUp a bit longer. I've still got $10 out of my initial $15 setup balance left. When I reup I may get a $50 dollar card and see how long that lasts me. In any case, atleast I have the option to go for the AC plan if/when I deem I need it.

8. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    or get even a local plan mooby

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...