Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Charger for Nokia 3100

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by DudeWashDC, Dec 12, 2003.

1. DudeWashDC

DudeWashDC New Member

I have already talked about it with Nokia USA Customer Service... but they didn't sound confident on the phone, or I might have been overly paranoid :)

Here's the problem.

I have bought Nokia 6610 in the US and it came with ACP-12U charger with 5.7V output (the phone has 3.7V battery).

My mom bought her Nokia 3100 in Europe from certified Nokia distributor and it came with ACP-7E (E = Europian plug) charger with 3.7V output. Nokia 3100 also has 3.7V battery but not the same as 6610. Now she is visiting me and needs to charge her phone. I went on Nokia USA web site and it said that I need either ACP-7U (U = US plug) with 3.7V output or ACP-12U with 5.7V output.

My concern is : can I really charge 3100 (3.7V battery) with ACP12U (5.7V output)? I just would hate to fry my mom's phone or battery because of some typo on the web site ;-)

2. DCinSEA

DCinSEA Junior Member

If you like the smell of warm melted plastic, by all means go for it!

An extra 2V is a lot of juice, just go spend the $20 on a new charger.

3. DudeWashDC

DudeWashDC New Member

Well... that's what I felt about those extra 2 Volts as well. But here's the email I got from Cust Service:

According to the email 3100 can be both charged by ACP-7U and ACP-12U... but doesn't help my paranoia ;-)