Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Changing hidden network settings on 9900

Discussion in 'All Other Brands of Wireless Phones' started by secutanudu, Oct 16, 2004.

1. secutanudu

secutanudu New Member

I was told by a friend that there is a way to modify network settings on my cell phone so i can use a different "portal" to the wireless internet, and not verizon's. He said it is usually some hidden menu in the phone. How do I get to it, and how can i change my portal?

2. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA

I can show you how to get to the hidden menu. I must warn you that changing these settings can damage your phone if you are not familiar with them. I'm familiar with programming these but even I found ways to mess them up and needed help getting out of them.

Sometimes you can access the back menu while the phone is idle. If not, try turning your phone off then on again.

Once your phone is powered on, press {MENU}+ {7} + {*} + {*}
    It will ask you for the FSC Code. Press zero six times then press {OKAY}
    Go to "ALL SETTINGS" then go to "WEB SETTINGS"

In this menu, if you choose PREF MODE, you can force your phone to digital only, analog only, cellular only, or PCS only. If you go to PREF VOCODER, you can also change to vocoder to use 13K instead of EVRC and so forth.

Enter at your own risk!!!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. swanny

swanny New Member

My Phone:
    Audiovox CDM9900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sorry YD, but it didn't work on my 9900.

4. @TheRealDanny

@TheRealDanny ALL IN

My Phone:
    iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile USA

Do this immediately after turning your phone on. You may need to press the star key 3x if 2x doesn't work.

{MENU}+ {7} + {*} + {*}+{*}
    Press zero six times then press {OKAY}

Sometimes, I can do this without powering my phone off; other times I have to reboot it.

Remember, the MENU key is the soft key on the top left side of your phone's keypad.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Oppie

Oppie Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-9400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    The above method didn't work for me either. Anyone else know how to access the service menu? The Service menu for LG is pretty easy to navigate through. Hopefully, this is similar.

Oppie

6. Tony E!

Tony E! Retired Mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    YD's instructions should work for you, let's try his again:

Power phone on, hit left soft key, hit 7, hit **, enter 000000 as code
    That will put you into the Debug/Test menu where you can force modes, view field test screen, etc.
    You have to do it right after powering up the phone. When you hit the left function key, 7, **, it will come up and ask for the security code. That's when you enter the 000000 code. If it doesn't work for you, cut it off and try again.

7. Oppie

Oppie Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG VX-9400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW
    Yes, it does work. I had to take my phone off of auto lock. Thanks, for the remedial lesson! Oppie

8. The Master

The Master New Member

You can also (on the inside menu) type in ##77647269900 and when it asks for your service code put in all 0's. :):):):):):)