Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Changing Carrier logo for S105

Discussion in 'SAMSUNG' started by Niteliferyder420, Dec 7, 2002.

1. Niteliferyder420

Niteliferyder420 Junior Member

Does anyone know how to change the carrier logo for the S105? I no awiapro said you could get a translucent pic to cover it but how to you actually change the name? I no you can do it w/ some nokias b/c i saw a LOOONG thread about it but can you do it w/ this phone and how?

2. Dexter

Dexter Junior Member

How do i even get the translunt pic to cover the logo? How do i get rid of it? step by step process would be nice.

3. KillerSpaz

KillerSpaz Junior Member

I called t-mobile 4 times, talking to their techincal guys, and each one said that there wasn't supposed to be a way to do it on the t-mobile s105... they said it's physically locked... i tried downloading a op logo from nextones.org, i got it just fine, but when i save it, nothing happens... that's why i called.... they said even though the phone supports it, t-mobile automatically over rides it... odd i thought, but each one swore on it, and they were across the states, so its not like they were in the same room...

can anyone confirm this? or deny it????

i'm getting extremely pissed at the situation

4. XcepTion

XcepTion Senior Member

If you send yourself an Operator Logo, it overwrites the default Operator Logo. So, If you want the op logo to say Verizon instead of T-Mobile, create an op logo that says "Verizon" then send it to yourself. If you don't want a logo there, send yourself a blank logo.

The

5. Dexter

Dexter Junior Member

6. KillerSpaz

KillerSpaz Junior Member

like i said, t-mobile swears on their lives that with their phones you can't change the operator logo, even though the phone supports it.... and so far, i'm believing them, cuz i have 10 messages with cool op logos that won't work....

i hit save, but i can't find where it saves it, and my logo still says "T-Mobile"

7. XcepTion

XcepTion Senior Member

Duh. Of course they are going to tell you that you can't change it. Why would they teach you how to remove their branding from your phone? That's just like calling the IRS and asking them how to cheat on your taxes

For those of who haven't tried it, this is how you can change your Operator Logo:

First set your S105 graphic logo to "On": (thx Dexter)
    1. Click on "Menu" on your S105
    2. Choose "Phone Settings"
    3. Choose "Display Settings"
    4. Choose "Graphic Logo"
    5. Choose "On"

Then send yourself an Operator Logo:
    1. Go to http://www.nextones.com/
    2. Click on the "Register" Tab
    3. Pick your Country (USA)
    4. Choose your phone model (S105)
    5. Enter your personal information
    6. Check your email for login information
    7. Log into nextones.com
    8. Click the "Freebees" icon
    9. Click on the "Free Icons" link
    10. Choose any icon, then click on the "Send" image
    11. Under "Logo - Choose Wireless Carrier" click on the radio button labeled "Logo - T-Mobile USA"
    12. Choose your state in the drop down.
    13. Click the "SEND TO PHONE" button

You should receive a message on your phone - "New Message Operator Logo Nextones"
    1. Click "View" to go to your Inbox
    2. Click "View" to read the message
    3. Click "Options"
    4. Choose "Save"

When you get back to your main screen you should see that operator logo above your date and time. If you want it to be blank, purchase some credits from Nextones and create a blank logo, then repeat the process. Make sure you try a free logo first to make sure it works.

If that doesn't work, try using a different State (step 12). Sometimes using a state nearby helps.

8. ZaphodB

ZaphodB Signal Go Down De Hole...

My Phone:
    LG VX5600
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon(US) Orange(FR)
    ...and the next time T-Mobile sends out an OTA (over-the-air) update, you get to do it again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Dexter

Dexter Junior Member

It worked, Now how do I get rid of the time and date?

10. Dexter

Dexter Junior Member

You need to go to Settings>display>grafic caller logo>on Just to let you know.

11. KillerSpaz

KillerSpaz Junior Member

question, does it matter which state you choose? say, i'm in texas, and i choose alabama??

I originally had chosen Texas, and it didn't work.. in fact, i tried it about 20 times, and it still didn't work... but i just unlocked my phone about 4 hours ago, and i just tried it, and it worked great... wierd....

hey XcepTion, do you mind if i take that and make it part of a FAQ?

EDIT: Ok, yes, apparently it DOES matter... which is too damn strange.. i sent myself about 20 tests, and If it wasn't from the "Texas - Austin,Dallas,San", then it put a blank one in place, and within 5 seconds, T-Mobile showed back up.... why is this??? Does that mean I have to SMS pictures to myself in a specific manner?!??

12. XcepTion

XcepTion Senior Member

You can definitely use it as part of your FAQ. This question is asked WAY too many times.

About the State thing. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but on my Nokia, you needed 2 things to overwrite your Op Logo: MCC(mobile country code) and MNC(mobile network code). If you didn't use right codes, you couldn't overwrite your logo or it wouldn't stick. The MCC for the U.S. is 310 and the MNC depends on your area (state). I think that's why sites like nextones ask for your state when sending an operator logo.

I just assumed it was the same for the s105 but I could be wrong.

13. KillerSpaz

KillerSpaz Junior Member

So in the phone # to SMS to, does the country code come first, or the mobile country code/mobile network code??

I'm sure these codes are posted somewhere on the net...

14. crashnburn

crashnburn Junior Member

hey killerspaz,

how did u unlock the s105 ?
    i need the unlock codes for s105
    kindly share with us please...
    k bud
    thanks.

Crash!
    originally had chosen Texas, and it didn't work.. in fact, i tried it about 20 times, and it still didn't work... but i just unlocked my phone about 4 hours ago, and i just tried it, and it worked great... wierd....

15. timo

timo New Member

Interesting with the state thing.. I was choosing "Washington" from the nextones list of states and never could get the operator logo to change but after reading this thread I went back and tried "Washington - Spanaway" (which is really not very close to me in Seattle) it finally worked.

Excellent.

16. crashnburn

crashnburn Junior Member

hi hiro and killer,

I am not clear about what u guys are saying...

having these sites send a Carrier Icon
    will allow me to remove the time/date or t-mobile text
    that is spoiling the look of my wallpaper ?

and how do i save it ?
    because when i view the SMS it does not give me an option
    to SAVE in the OPTIONS ?

17. crashnburn

crashnburn Junior Member

sorry guys [​IMG]
    got the msg from nexttone it worked.

trying to get the BLANK from matrixm.com
    now.

lets c if that works

18. BrooklynTeen

BrooklynTeen New Member

hey crashburn, how did you get it to work? i still dont see any SAVE in OPTIONS

19. BrooklynTeen

BrooklynTeen New Member

I finally found out how to get it but, i f*cked up my 100 credits. Does anyone know how to get more free credits?

20. BrooklynTeen

BrooklynTeen New Member

is it possible to send yourself a carrier logo (SMS) without using nextones or matrixm, like from a program from your computer or something?

21. jpramsey22

jpramsey22 New Member

I want to get rid of the time too. Can someone tell me how that can be done because i think i've figured out what to do for the T-Mobile logo. Help!!!!

22. XcepTion

XcepTion Senior Member

You can't get rid of the time or date. People are working on some firmware to fix this problem but that's still in early stages.

23. Stew

Stew New Member

For all you people in Cali using T-MObile (like me yay!) You have to use Cingular as your network to send operator logos cause thats what we use here. As for the over the air sim updates no you dont have to do it again. Just keep it saved as a message and IF your op logo changes back to T-Mobile (it probably wont Ive had mine for 2 months and it hasnt changed) just open up the nextones message and click "save" again. Ive also been able to use Nokia Logo uploader by kessler designs to upload operator logos to my phone. Since the S105 does use the same standard nokia logos it works. Here are the settings i used:

Program: Nokia operator logo uploader (Most recent version) by Kessler designs

First off goto the extras menu and uner express yourself select "9210" as your phone

my serial port for IRDA was Com4 (you can test the different ports from the options menu

SMS Message center Number: 12063130004 (T-Mobile)

Destination Phonenumber: Your Number here

For California i used Cingular 17 under the operator (You need to select the right one or else when you save the logo from your phone it wont be displayed) If one doesnt work for you keep trying other ones. (Theres a checkbox under Extras to display US operators only)

Now on your S105 make sure you have the graphic logo under phone settings is set to "on"

Now click file then "send as sms" enter the number you want to send it to (your own or someone elses)

your phone will show New Operator Logo from Me. Click "view" "view" "Options" followed by "save"

remember if your making your own its back and white and 72 by 14.

24. bey

bey New Member

can you tell me how to get rid of the tmobile logo?

25. Stew

Stew New Member

If your talking about the one on the LCD then read the rest of the posts. As for the one on the outside its laser etched (thats what ya get with a high quality phone instead of painted on like my old 3390 lol) so unless you really want to mess up your paint job your stuck with it.