Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Changing a bad ESN on a Voyager?

Discussion in 'LG Electronics' started by DarkS7ar, Mar 12, 2010.

1. DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar New Member

I hope I'm posting this in the right place, I just need some knowledge from someone. I'm computer savvy but not so much in the way of mobile phone workings.
    MY current phone is giving me reception and battery life issues so I would like to purchase a used VX10000, since I'm on a family company plan I'm not allowed to get a smartphone, since that would require more money on a data plan. The Voyager gives me all the features I want, without requiring data.

I have noticed on eBay the bad esn phones sell for cheaper, and since I've always enjoyed repairing for cheaper instead of buying new I was wondering how hard the process would be of changing the esn or even using the meid on my current phone would be if I were to purchase a bad esn phone. Is this even possible, and would CDMA workshop be enough to get the job done or would I need other tools? Is there a thread already about this that I missed? If so I apologize. I would just rather do my research before I purchase.

I appreciate any assistance you experts can provide.

2. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Though you're just trying to find a cheap alternative to replace your current phone, ANY discussion of modifying, changing, altering or cloning of an ESN is prohibited.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar New Member

My apologies, Mod will you please remove my post?

4. M in LA

M in LA Mobile 25 Years Plus
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Max, iPhone X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (since 1994)
    Not a problem. I will leave your original post as it will be a reminder to others who may wish to do the same thing that discussions of this topic are not allowed.

Your best bet is to try and find a "clean" Voyager to use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...