Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Changed phone number now no service

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by user in olympia, Apr 27, 2006.

1. user in olympia

user in olympia New Member

I moved up to Washington state a year ago. During this past year, I have used my Sprint phone with a Kentucky number, so basically, I made all my calls here from Kentucky. Yesterday, I called Sprint and asked for them to change me to a Washington number.
    Problem 1. they signed me up for a new two year contract even though I told them I would not sign one. That was supposedly fixed with my first callback.
    Problem 2. I tried to call my cell phone from my house phone and it didn't go through. I tried to call my house phone from my cell phone and got a recording that welcomed me to America's Roaming Network. I would be charged $2.99 per minute. I called Sprint. They told me it was because I didn't live near any towers and I would have to sign up for a $5/month roaming plan. And I needed to d/l new software.
    Problem 3. I tried calling out again. Got the America's Roaming Network. Called Sprint, they told me that all the changes would take 4 hours to confirm. I asked for my old number back but they couldn't give it to me.
    Problem 4. I tried calling out this morning. Got the Roaming Network again. Called Sprint back. They told me I needed to d/l more software to fix the problem. Told me to do that, and they would call me in ten minutes. That was 6 hours ago. I'm still waiting.
    I went to the website and left an email message this morning. No response.

I have been with Sprint since 1998. I am fed up and ready to switch to a new carrier. Any suggestions?

2. user in olympia

oh and in addition, when I was on the website, I am still signed up for the two year contract
    AND my phone has not rung since yesterday when I changed the number.

3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    You need to reprogram your phone. I am surprised the reps didn't walk you through it. :(

4. user in olympia

You are absolutely right. I finally got patched over to a techie who immediately recognized the problem and helped me re program my phone. It is working perfectly now. And I have learned that the first line of people who answer the phone are not the ones to deal with.
    thanks!:D

5. TProphet

TProphet I *am* a mobile phone

My Phone:
    Sanyo 7200
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint, Cingular, Virgin Mobile Canada
    Welcome to the Puget Sound area! The service in Olympia is pretty good, and you should be happy with Sprint there. They even have native coverage all the way out to Ocean Shores. Of course, all carriers have poor service on the Evergreen campus, so good luck if you're out on Cooper Point.

As you discovered, it can take a few calls to Sprint to get things right. Keep this in mind when you're dealing with them. It's tough to do business with Sprint, but it's hard to get a better deal from other carriers. This justifies some degree of patience.

6. djcmaz

djcmaz Junior Member

My Phone:
    BLACKJACK / TILT
    Wireless Provider(s):
    SPRINT - (WORK PHONE)/ CINGULAR
    CINGULAR IS BECOMING THE NUMBER ONE NETWORK... I GOT 2 LINES ON CINGULAR BACK IN OCTOBER CAUSE SPRINT MIGRATED SOME TOWERS IN MY AREA AND AFTER 7 YEARS OF BEING WITH THEM 2 YEARS IN THE SAME HOUSE, THEY ARE SAYING I HAVE NO RECEPTION BECCAUSE I DON'T HAVE A BRAND NEW PHONE. I HAVE AN 8200... THEN A FRIEND CAME OVER WITH A BRAND NEW SANYO 7500 AND WAS TEED TO FIND OUT HIS PHONE WOULD NOT WORK IN MY AREA. SO I GUESS IT'S NOT MY PHONE. BUT DO YOU THINK THAT THEY WILL ADMIT THE LOSS OF COVERAGE WAS DO TO MIGRATING SOME AFFILLIATE TOWERS??? NOPE... AND THEY WON'T LET ME OUT OF MY CONTRACT EITHER...