Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Change Phone Number?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by JT53, Dec 25, 2006.

1. JT53

JT53 New Member

I'm part of a family plan and wanted to know if I could change to a different phone # that has a different area code than the others on the plan w/o penalties/fees - when we set it up, they said it all phone #s had to be in the same area code. Thnx.

2. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    I think it is still true that all line on a Family Share Plan have to be in the same billing area/area code...I'm not sure if there are any carriers that allow different area codes on a family share plan.

3. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6306/1558; en; U; ssr))

I'm not sure what a billing region is but I have a family plan with a Florida area code and an Atlanta, ga number. I'd try as long as the city you are changing to has verizon service. There are no extra fees charged to me for this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Wirelessly posted (Q's Mobile Device: Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/3.0.6306/1558; en; U; ssr))

I was at a Sprint store a while ago and a person had an Atlanta number and a Massachusetts number on the same account... I don't know whether they still allow this.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    when you set up that account.......they assigned you numbers that go with the billing address on the account......since there can be only one name on the account and one billing address the only number change would be to get a new number in the same area code......but you would have to activate a new account in your are of choice of area code and you have to have residence there because most companies dont accept P.O. boxes as billing addresses

6. NokiaKrazy

NokiaKrazy 2010. I'm still around

My Phone:
    Blackberry
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    I asked about getting a out of state number added to my Alltel account awhile ago. I was told that it would have to be a Utah number if it is going to be added to my account.

7. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah.........they will only issue numbers to accounts that correspond to the proper billing area...............so someone in Orlando, Florida cant get a number in Tampa Bay....

8. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member

Has to be in the same region. The best place to find info is from VZW Easy Move Dept. Been there done it. Love it when the kids go to college outside the region.....oh well! Money has no home.....

9. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):

Ah ok... Makes sense. In my example, Florida and Georgia must be in the same region since i was able to activate a 2nd line with the Ga. number on the same account.

#9 QLR, Jan 1, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  10. VZW-LOVER

VZW-LOVER Senior Member

The easy move dept. deals with this type of thing all day long and their the best versed in VZW policy.......Good Luck!