Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Centro Update for Sprint

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Kalimotxo, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Kalimotxo

Kalimotxo Bronze Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    So I installed the new software update for my Centro. I'm loving the Google Maps update :)

Palm - Support - Centro Update for Sprint

Posted July 22, 2008

This software update is a tune-up that improves email, IM, and general device usability under certain conditions.

The Sprint Palm® Centro™ software update 1.07 offers the following performance enhancements:

* Improved Gmail IMAP compatibility and an updated setup wizard with the new Gmail settings
    * Updated compatibility for Google Mobile Maps My Location feature to approximate your current location – great for directions, finding nearby restaurants or business, or checking local traffic.1
    * Improved ongoing delivery of email sent to VersaMail accounts using Microsoft's Direct Push Technology via Exchange ActiveSync
    * Bluetooth usability enhancements and updates
    * Sprint TV performance enhancements2
    * Enhanced AOL Instant Messenger performance
    * Improved performance when adding a contact using Mobile Voice Control
    * Improved email attachment handling
    * Changed default camera shutter sound to “ON.” Audible shutter “click” will be heard when taking photos
    * Allows Preferred Roaming List updates over the air

2. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Actually, I'm having a problem with my Centro and the new software...

I'm able to send and receive text messages, however, after the messages arrive they "disappear". I'm able to see the preview of the SMS but if I try to view the full message the sender is registered as "unknown" and the timestamp says 12/31/31 11:59PM.

I called Sprint's tech support (1-877-626-1441) and they advised that my problem is a "known software issue". :mad:

I've been advised to visit the store for diagnostic testing to troubleshoot the device.

3. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The problems don't surprise me at all. Treo seems to mess up their updates really well for CDMA phones. Their were alot of problems with the 755p, 700w/wx updates for Sprint & Verizon.

4. walkguru

walkguru Wireless Guru

My Phone:
    iphone 3gs 32black
    Wireless Provider(s):
    cingular,family plan w/4 lines
    Wirelessly posted (Walkguru's: Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11328/546; U; en))

i guess ill wait to do the update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D062; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

I still haven't taken my device to the sprint store to get checked out. i'll probably do it tomorrow.... i'll let keep the thread updated with the verdict on the phone...

6. Kalimotxo

My Phone:
    The latest and greatest.
    Wireless Provider(s):
    All of them.
    After an hour or so of resetting, reinstalling, rebooting, etc... I was not able to determine what was causing my issue. The phone would work fine after reformatting, but the moment I did a hot sync and all my information was transferred to the phone the issue would appear again. I searched for quite some time on google to see if anyone else was having the issue and it appears as though mine was isolated. The rep who stated that it was a "known issue" was probably ignorant. Palm tech support was worthless. I finally decided to just make a new profile and reload all of my contacts and information. After hotsyncing the new profile, the phone worked without any problems.

Everyone out there in Centro nation, do the update. It's worth it.

My problems seem to be isolated.

7. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    The samething happens with Activesync a lot. People really rag on AS, but sounds like HS has its issues too.