Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cellular Reception in my home

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by Guest, Jul 24, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I am currently a nextel subscriber and have the i90 phone. So far, i have tried sprint, att, and voicestream. All the phones that i have tried other then at&t and nextel have been able to provide service in my home. Is there a way that i can find out for sure that i will get service in my home without buying the phone first? Can the representatives to a search on my zip code and tell me how their signal strength is out there? I am in the 22015 (burke, VA) area. Thanks everyone

2. Guest

Guest Guest

sorry i meant, have NOT been able to provide service at my home. Not provide... sorry for the typo

3. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    No you really can't go by zip code and what the reps say. With Sprint you can buy the phone and without activating it you can make test calls to *2 and see what kind of signal quality you get.

4. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    If you go to a Sprint PCS center they can plug in your address and tell you what to expect. However it's not 100% accurate, according to Sprint I was in a full signal area at my house. However the phone wouldn't work indoors at all here, outdoors it was fine but not inside.

Cingular has a online map guide that goes by zip code but it doesn't tell you much and it's not 100% accurate either. Nextel has a good online interactive coverage map though. I'll give you links to them both below.

Cingular Wireless: Zip Code Coverage

Nextel Coverage Guide

5. scotty

scotty New Member

on my spare time i took a look at burke's coverage for voicestream. to tell you the truth it looks really good, on a 40 mile radius map all of the metro and suburban areas are covered. there is a store at the fair oaks mall and the springfield mall if i remember right. go there and do the trial period to see how you like it Scotty

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Burke, VA is supposed to be covered really well under all the major carriers in the area. If signal strength is good immediately outside of your home and but not inside, then it must be the the construction materials used to build your home. Do you have aluminum siding or a metal roof? That will make it difficult for the signal to penetrate your home. As far as carriers are concerned. Try Verizon, my brother uses them in Manasses and I haven't heard any complaints from him.

7. ajulius

ajulius New Member

Wow, I didnt realize Nextel had a map not linked to its website of coverage areas and signal penetration. Do you know if SprintPCS has something similar?

8. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
  9. IdiOTeQnoLogY

IdiOTeQnoLogY Bronze Senior Member

sprintpcs employees have access to it on their intranet. however the feature of signal strength is not available in all markets