Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cellular One Maddness!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'All Other Wireless Companies' started by blueribbon1243, Feb 24, 2009.

1. blueribbon1243

blueribbon1243 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    cellular one
    i just bought a samsung sgh-d807 slider cellphone on ebay, i have cellular one service (texas) and everything works fine on my phone except multi media messaging, cant receive ,or send them. Cellular One has some of the rudist people working for them, ive never been able to get any answers from them!!!! if anybody knows how to help me set this up on my new phone
    i would really appreciate any help i can get!!!!! they told me it was because it was a cingular phone and it would only work with cingular!! is that true? please help :):):):):):):)

#1 blueribbon1243, Feb 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2009
  2. markuhde

markuhde Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    There's a couple CellularOne's in Texas. There's Cellular One of East Texas and there's MTPCS (divested Dobson, CellularOne Montana). Which are you dealing with. I love my MTPCS service but I know Texas isn't totally integrated yet.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. blueribbon1243

Wireless Provider(s):
    cellular one
    hi mark , im in central texas, and i bought this cingular samsung sgh-d807 slider phone on ebay, everything works great and i love my new phone but i cant send/recieve pict messages, or funnies, or nothing like that, i called cell one and they wont give me the settings, they said it would only work with cingular. i dont know if that is true or not, i think if i had cell one settings i could make it work. got any ideas, or do you have any settings for the mms?

4. markuhde

markuhde Junior Member

Could you give me your ZIP code so I can determine which CellularOne it is so that I can get you the settings.

BTW, it wouldn't shock me at all if MTPCS told you that. Some of their agents have a habit of telling people that lie. Of course, Dobson's might too. It's untrue, of course, with the right settings.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. blueribbon1243

Wireless Provider(s):
    cellular one
    my zip is 76667

6. blueribbon1243

Wireless Provider(s):
    cellular one
    i really appreciate your help, thanks a bunch. i would like to use this phone, but i was looking on the internet and it was saying that most branded phones, such as mine, being cingular, you cant reset the multimedia or internet settings is that true? if you can get the settings for me i would really appreciate it alot. thanks blueribbon1243:)

7. markuhde

markuhde Junior Member

That's another issue you'll have to look in for your phone model, but you can USUALLY figure out how to set it. T-Mobile phones are easy. *#VSWAP# and *#VSMMS#. AT&T vary but look online for info.

As for which CellularOne, you're on MTPCS (Montana PCS), which still hasn't fully integrated Texas and Oklahoma and is running them like Dobson. I'll give you both the old Dobson settings and the setting MTPCS uses in their native Montana market (eventually you'll probably be switched to these, who knows - they might work now I really don't know):

Dobson settings from HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Cellular One GPRS/MMS Settings HELP!!!! :

GPRS Web Session:
    Homepage: http://172.23.1.135:8080/cellularone.wml
    Service Type 1: WAP
    Gatewap IP 1: 172.23.1.252
    Port 1: 9201
    Service Type 2: WAP
    Gateway IP 2: 172.23.1.252
    Port 2: 9201
    Timeout: 15 minutes
    GPRS APN: cellular1wap

MMS Web Session:
    Homepage: Homepage
    Service Type 1: WAP
    Gateway IP 1: 172.23.1.252
    Port 1: 9201
    Service Type 2: WAP
    Gateway IP 2: 172.23.1.252
    Port 2: 9201
    Timeout: 15 minutes
    GPRS APN: cellular1wap

MTPCS settings from my phone:

WAP:

APN: wapgw.chinookwireless.net
    No usename/blank password
    Normal authentication
    Homepage CellularOne
    Use proxy
    Proxy address: 204.181.155.195
    Proxy port 8080

everything else is default pretty much

MMS:

APN: wapgw.chinookwireless.net
    No usename/blank password
    Normal authentication
    Homepage http://mms.cellonenation.net/mms/
    Use proxy
    Proxy address: 204.181.155.195
    Proxy port 8080