Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cellular One Chinook bad experience with CS

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by markuhde, Apr 23, 2008.

1. markuhde

markuhde Junior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    The CS service person I talked to at Chinook Cellular One today was really bad. I needed my PUK2 code because I locked myself out of PIN2. Apparently they don't know your PUK codes and won't give them to you for "confidentiality" reasons.

Anyways, the overall attitude was like I was asking the world of them and just very very poor. And I am locked out of PIN2 menus (which fortunately is just call barring) permanently. And no, they don't know what the PINs are either she said so even with a new SIM card...

Now I know why I Hate Chinook Wireless exists.

Still, all companies have crappy CS and while Alltel's phone CS is way better, the Cellular One store is way better. Lesson, don't bother calling Cellular One.

Too bad, when I had a text message issue the guy I talked to was amazingly helpful and ready with an answer immediately.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. markuhde

markuhde Junior Member

The store was able to get me the info requested (default PIN1 is 1111 and PIN2 is 2222 in case anyone wants to know), had no idea why customer service would not give me PUK codes, and apologized for how rude the lady was. The guy behind me in line at the store told me he had talked to the same lady and smiled saying "I know about her... I've had to talk to her". He didn't say what his experience was like, but the implication wasn't good.

Mark

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. markuhde

markuhde Junior Member

Knowing that this thread is monitored by some people, credit where credit is due - the new WAP settings didn't work for me (they changed their WAP servers). A VERY nice lady answered the phone Saturday evening and was just as baffled as me and told me I needed to talk to Jason and he was only there during the week. Today I had no problem getting ahold of Jason and he fixed things for me instantly.

CellularOne of Montana has great customer service - with one really rude, bad apple. Every bushel has them I guess?