Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cellular Handsets and the heavy fines they carry.

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by CellguyNY, Dec 13, 2001.

1. CellguyNY

CellguyNY Junior Member

Now guys i don't know about the rest of the nation but here in NY especially out in the Long Island area there is a ridiculous law that says you have to wear a handset while talking on your phone in the car. According to statistics here in NY when you are on the phone you don't concentrate on driving. If your caught out here without a handset its a ticket of $200 dollars or more depending on the cop. The thing that strikes me every accident I have encountered happened when someone was actually using there handset. My gripe is that I sell these things and unless you buy one specifically from Motorola or Nokia they work like crap and then you attention is further distracted by trying to hear what the other persons saying at least if I was on the phone I could here what the other person is saying. Appreciate your thoughts fellas.

2. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    The Plantronics headsets seem to be of good quality. I have used them successfully.

By the way I just tried to send you an email to the "eyeofthestorm...." address and got a rejection notice: "user unknown." I was suggesting that, based on a post you just made about a customer who came in complaining about something out of your control, it would be nice to see an article from you about what reasonable expectations are, who does what, etc. Most of us experienced users already know these facts, but the newbies don't. As posts show up in various forums with misconceptions, you can then link to your article on WA (WirelessAdvisor).

Kevin

3. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Member

Plantronics is a very good quality headset. They don't make them for every phone but the majority of phones are covered.

Tom

4. DiverDown

DiverDown Member

Cell guy you know that is BS about the headsets. Either your boss brainwashed you to make that statement or thats what you say to so many clients on a daily basis that you actually believe it to be true.

Because facts are even the superexpensive motorola headset is just as crappy as the $5 made in singapore headset. In fact the plantronics top of the line and the jabra top of the line are more expensive then the name brand nokia and motorola headsets. Which means one of two things, either plantronics is really stupid, or they made such a superior product that they can get away with selling there third party device at above name brand prices.

But I do agree with you on that other law, and if you ever got pulled over, fight the ticket and I guarantee you will win in court, believe me its your word against the officers, and no judgement would ever go that way. (Yes I do know from experience 5 speeding tickets and 0 points:)

5. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    What does a Bachelor of Science degree have to do with headsets? Oh wait, you're not talking college studies now. I get it. Wrong thread.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

DiverDown,

Say what? What hole did you crawl out of? There definitely are difference in the quality and performance of headsets. Talk about getting your facts straight. Time to take a dive.

7. DiverDown

DiverDown Member

Who ever the anonymous user who left that statment is. They were pretty smart in staying Anonymous because they were definetly to dumb to understand my simple statement, which I will now state at a lower level so he/she can understand without hiring a professional interpreter.

All I was saying is that it is bullshit to make a comment that the only good headsets are the ones made by the phone manufacturer.

Oh and Mr/Ms Anonymous, though I do enjoy diving in all meanings of the word DiverDown is my favorite VanHalen album and has nothing to do with diving.

8. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    There are chefs whose masterful skills in exquisite presentations tantalize and tease all our senses. Then, there are dogs whose only presentation is vomit. While both see their work as food, the important thing is how others view and react to what is presented.

DiverDown: If the chef lowers his standard to that of the dog, does he honor himself in doing so? Especially a man with your goal of representing others in judicial system would do well to act better than those he condemns. Yet brash statements have become a trademark with you. Referring to one as "brainwashed" and his comments as "bull…" and to another as small and slow minded. From where I sit, that anonymous poster reacted to you the same way you have to others.

Yes, inaccurate statements have been made -- we all make them, myself included. (The mirror that I hold always examines me first.) Do insults and belittlement aid toward resolution and a better understanding? A wise man once told me: "It is possible to disagree without being disagreeable." It took me a while to realize the depth of practical counsel in that little gem.

9. CellguyNY

CellguyNY Junior Member

Very true Kevin i don't take the idea of being brainwashed and actually i'm sorry its eyeofthestorm310@aol.com if you still can't get it i suppose i will have to e-mail you or create another address. Aol is not the greatest but it helps and Diverdown all the respect to Van Halen, but calling someone brainwashed because they have seen something different from your experience is simply not proper i did not join the forum to make enemies just to simply express my views and own experiences and calling an anonymous user BS as i would put it would not go well in a court of law as Kevin would put it. Good job on the chef/dog analogy Kev. If you are trying to become a lawyer of somekind you should really pick your words before handing yourself a sling and the jabra handsets do not work as well as you think they do they have been brought back numerous times most customers don't want headsets up here any way and when they get a direct NOKIA/Motorola speaker phone for there particular phone they do work better i myself carry one for my Nokia 3390 and one for my Nextel I1000 plus both made by Nokia and Motorola. As for plantronics i will consider that name for my store and research it because i have never heard of them anywhere in the city, but i will mention that form of headset in the future to my accessories wholesaler and i will keep you posted on there performance.

CellguyNY

10. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
  11. CellguyNY

CellguyNY Junior Member

Thanks for the website kev I think i will make my firm give these headsets a shot and see what there made up of in the big apple. Keep you posted on the details.

CellguyNY

12. Guest

Guest Guest

The cops use Ear Hugger $14.99 from Galls.com. PP 56 in the catalog.

ghostsix

13. DiverDown

DiverDown Member

Your wise statements and criticism of my brash and rude comments only didn't really do anything to appease me, because as you know all lawyers hate mediatiors.

But to change the subject Cellguy, and go back to talking about your firm using plantronics products, the only thing that I want to know is, where's my commission?:), oh and if the headsets suck and make your customers mad you can blame it on me, just tell your boss I was some sort of wireless expert who gave you a cold call and haggled you till you bought like 500 headsets.:)

See a win, win situation, and I still get to be an _______, now everyone's happy.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

15. KevinJames

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Indeed roll-on-floor-laughing. It appears Eastern-staters have a dry sense of humor. This surfer-boy is too laid-back for all that.