Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

cellular connection to raspberry PI

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by brodie, Apr 26, 2016.

1. brodie

brodie New Member

My Phone:
    Hey gang,

So mr clueless over here has been tasked with getting a raspberry PI to transmit data, it captures from a device, through a sim card to somewhere accessable- website i guess.

So l have got the Pi2, loaded rasberian with noobs, and now need some direction from you lovely people as to where to start on the cell connections side.

Do I simply grab a dongle similar to what we use for mobile internet on laptop or is that different from connecting over 3g, LTE?

Once that is done and talking to the cloud - i guess the next hurdle would be coding to get the PI to transmit this data periodically (midnight) and to allow me to access it randomly to check the status of device.

Big ask, whose out there?

2. LewisH95

LewisH95 New Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    JIO
    But you don't need to wait for Google to develop the official version of Android. It's already possible to install and run, Android apps on your Raspberry Pi with RTAndroid. They demonstrate installing the operating system and using the Google Play store to download Android apps, including games.