Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cellsocket or VoxLink (vox.link or vox2) for nokia 51XX/61XX?

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by LeeM, Feb 6, 2004.

1. LeeM

LeeM Junior Member

Have anyone used any of these products? I've tried them a couple of years ago, but returned both of them since both of them were not perfect. I couldn't hear people well using CellSocket and people coudn't hear me well on VoxLink (or vice versa). Also, my AT&T TDMA phone worked fine in my appartment, so I was using it directly instead. Now AT&T TDMA service degraded badly and I switched to TMobile, but the reception in my appartment is horrible on my tmobile 8290 & motorola phone. So, I need to get a nokia 5190 or 6190 for an extra tmobile line I have and go back to one of these, so I can find a perfect spot and use my landline phone. Cellsocket has a newer model 61622, which is somewhat an upgrade for 5161N. Vox2 are out of business.

Does anyone have any expirience using any of these? If you do, I have a few questions:
    1. Do you use it with GSM service? (for some reason voxlink advirtised their product for TDMA & CDMA only)
    2. What brand of a cell phone you use?
    3. How is the overall sound quality?
    4. Does the caller id info comes through on your land line phone?
    5. Can it be used with Fax?
    6. Can it be used with dial up internet connection? If so, what's the maximum throughput you get?
    7. If you have had expirience with both of these, which one would you recomend?

Thanks