Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cellcom reception in port washington, wi.

Discussion in 'Central US Wireless Forum' started by td88, Jul 2, 2008.

1. td88

td88 New Member

I will be re-locating to Port Washington, Wi. and would like to continue using my Cellcom phone at my new location. Does anyone have any experience of the quality of reception (connectivity) in Port Washington for Cellcom?

Thanks

2. Northbound Wireless

Northbound Wireless New Member

My Phone:
    iDEN 7100 BB (old, but...
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint & Nextel
    You'd be roaming. My understanding is that Cellcom/Nsight only goes down to the Sheboygan County line. Port Washington is in Ozaukee. I don't know who you'd be roaming on. My guess is that it will be fine. If your plan has unlimited roaming (are there even any that don't nowadays), give it a try and see how it works.

3. td88

td88 New Member

Thank you Northbound Wireless. This would be a nationwide plan so, roaming would not be an issue.

I'm more concerned that ATT is the licensed network in Port Washington and would like some feedback from someone who uses Cellcom in this area. Just don't want to commit to a contract without some positive feedback.

4. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    If you are on the home page to WA you can put in your zip and see who is in that area. I put in the zip to your town and found the following

AT&T, Tmobile, Verizon, US Cellular, Verzion, Sprint and Nextel.

Good luck.

5. cellular_freak

cellular_freak Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 5S 64GB White
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    The carriers that provide native coverage in Port Washington are AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Nextel, T-Mobile, and US Cellular. The two cellular carriers in the area are AT&T and US Cellular, so it's possible that US Cellular is the preferred roaming partner to CellCom in that area because they both use CDMA technology and they are both cellular carriers in the area. It's possible that you could roam on Verizon or Sprint as well.

6. td88

td88 New Member

Thank you RadioFoneGuy. I'm a novice with cells. Could you explain a few points to me? I've relocated from Wausau, Wi 54403 to Port Washington, Wi.53074 Cellcom is a licensed provider in Wausau and they specialize in the state of Wi and upper Mi. Their startup costs are very reasonable, they are in an area and area code I wish to return to within the next year and the reports I get on their service are very good. The experience I've had with ATT cust service is horrible and their startup is very expensive.

I wish to go with their nationwide plan and my novice understanding of roaming is, if the plan is nationwide, I would not be roaming, when in Port Wash. although out of their licensed area. Do I have my terminology wrong? My only concern is I will take Cellcom, commit to 2 years and find bad reception in Port., because this is an ATT area. I'm sure their are many misconceptions at every turn in my thinking, so could you give me a cell 101 on this issue?

My reasons for preferring Cellcom:
    Excellent connectivity reports ( in Wausau)
    Very reasonable startup.
    Cust. service answers immediately and live when you dial their number.
    Trust the people I've met at their local rep in Wausau.
    Cellcom claims to cover the whole state.

I hope I've given a complete picture and thanks for the feedback,

td88

7. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    I sent you a PM.