Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cellcom Green Bay, WI Programming

Discussion in 'All Other Wireless Companies' started by muukie, May 22, 2007.

1. muukie

muukie New Member

So I bought an Alltel phone from eBay a few weeks ago and took it in to Cellcom in DePere and I don't think they tried very hard. They changed the phone's MIN but everything else was unchanged. They told me that their problem was that they couldn't get the towers programmed in. After that, I started doing some reading, and from what I can tell so far, they didn't program the SID, which was their only problem. If this is the case, it can't be hard to do, it's just that I'd have to get all the right settings. Only problem is that I don't know everything that needs to be changed and what it needs to be changed to. I found a "Device Checklist" under the agents section of Cellcom's website for the Kyocera KX12 (which is what I've got) and most of the information is just for BREW. I know it'll be hard since Cellcom is just Green Bay, but it seems like some people on here are familiar with it, so I thought i'd check.

2. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
  3. muukie

muukie New Member

I've heard 5584, 362 and others, but I'm not sure which is the right one, so I don't really know, I was hoping that someone here could guide me in the right direction.

4. djjim

djjim Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    LG VX8370 Clout
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon (Old:Alltel, Nextel, At&t, USCC, Cricket)
    362...I believe that is it...It is in the Alltel PRL:

Priority 4
    00362 [D] FR Cellcom (NID 00002)
    CMA186B Green Bay, WI
    CMA263B Wausau, WI
    CMA711B Wisconsin 4 - Marinette
    CMA717B Wisconsin 10 - Door

PRL at_30005
    Did you get into the programming menu? I noticed they edited my link to the instructions

5. muukie

muukie New Member

I don't know if your link has different information, but as far as I know, I can get into the programming menu. Thanks for confirming that. I think I also need to get a new PRL onto the phone. I've been messing with QPST, but I just found out about the whole PRL thing today. I sort of had to jump into the whole programming thing because of the fact that I have no cell phone that's working with my number so... that's the basis for the whole thing.