Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cell Towers

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by vicken, Mar 24, 2006.

1. vicken

vicken Junior Member

Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Are there any web sites that I can go to to see what plans a wireless company has as far as putting in a new cell tower?

2. adgsteve

adgsteve Tower Hunting Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Nokia 6350
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT
    No, they keep that information under the radar. The only place I've been able to find such info is in the public records for Building Permits.(Long and tedious search)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jonathan Kramer

Jonathan Kramer Telecom Atty/RF Engr.

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 4s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless (as of 8/13/08)
    Steve, it depends...

One way to find out what's happening is to call the local government's Director of Planning and just ask. Most will discuss what they know, or refer the caller to the planner(s) who handle cell site applications.

Some cities, such as Santa Monica, California, publish the pending planning cases on the city website.

-Jonathan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. adgsteve

adgsteve Tower Hunting Addict

My Phone:
    Nokia 6350
    Wireless Provider(s):
    ATT
    Yep, for cities that publish that info on their websites it's much easier. Seattle does publish the requests for land use permits and building permits. But they say there are too many and are constantly changing so they couldn't make any accurate statements about future plans. :( I've seen lots of permit applications for cell sites that never got built, and cell sites that I can't find any permits for, so who knows what's going on there.
    My main emphasis is that there really isn't any website you can go to and find out about future cell site construction other than your local public records.