Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cell Site Help

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by Guest, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Looking for advise in dealing with possible cellular providers putting tower on my property.

2. dobby10

dobby10 Senior Member

Cell Providers usually will aproach you, unless you hear that then want to build a tower in the town then you would more then likely contact the town and inform them you have land you would be willing to give up for the tower.
    Please explain exactly what you are looking for and/or to do.

3. Uwdsr

Uwdsr Member

I know that the Sprint PCS website has a place where you can sign up and request more information on putting a cell site on your property. It even has their rules, regulations, and logistics. Go to sprintpcs.com and dig for it.

4. Hman

Hman Junior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola V551
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular GSM, O2 GSM
    I was approached by a land acq. company

I was approached by a land acquisition company. The company was White Pine Wireless out of Traverse City, MI.

They say they are working for the tower companies but they really are not.

What they do is find out search rings of carriers and approach several land owners in the ring.

They then speculate which spot the carrier/tower company will like the best.

My land was speculated as a spot where Richland Towers out of Tampa, FL would most likely want to build a tower.

White Pine Wireless then spent thousands of dollars surveying and soil sampling my land.

Everything was set!!!

Then I find out a guy down the road got the tower.

It turns out the guy down the road was dealing directly with Richland Towers!!!!!!!

I got $500 out of the deal for my trouble, but that is a lot less than the $250,000 I would have gotten over 40 years!!!!!!!!

Now that I look back though, I am kind of glad the tower is not on my land. It was a 250' guyed tower, not a free standing one.

Hman

5. JFB

JFB Gold Senior Member
    Administrator Super Moderator

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Essential PH-1
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Simple Mobile (T-Mobile MVNO)
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...