Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cell Phone Service In Hoover, AL

Discussion in 'Southern US Wireless Forum' started by locust43, Sep 20, 2006.

1. locust43

locust43 New Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    I live in Hoover, Alabama which is a very very large city near Birmingham and I have Cingular right now and I always have very poor call quality and dropped calls and I know other's who are having the same problem as me with Cingular. Verizon users seem to not have this problem. Do you know if they are doing anything to the towers right now that could affect this?

2. blsemp

blsemp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    I was looking at the coverage map and Hoover appears to be covered well. You might want to check with Cingular CS.

http://onlinecare.cingular.com/coverageviewer/?_requestid=4370

3. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    My area shows EXCELLENT covered with Cingular's map too but call quality is almost always garbled and calls go straight to voicemail and network busy/error messages occur often. Calls also drop frequently. The map only talks about coverage, not reliability and even coverage wise, at least in my area, it's way optimistic.

4. blsemp

blsemp Senior Member

My Phone:
    Nokia 900
    Wireless Provider(s):
    at&t
    Well I can say the same about Vz and Alltell. I have very poor coverage at my hose with Vz. My kids friends come over and they have to go outside and use their phone. Alltell has gotten better but for a long time I had to go outside and to use my business phone. Cingular is usually maxed out and calls never drop.

:D :D