Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cell Phone Cameras and Sprint System

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by rcallen7, Feb 23, 2007.

1. rcallen7

rcallen7 New Member

My Phone:
    LG VX5500
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    I need a little adult supervision. Let us say I were to purchase a Samsung M500 with a built-in camera and the ability to connect to the Sprint Power Vision and Photo system. I believe I understand that I can get a connection to the internet and upload photos to some kind of web page from which I can send the photos to someone like Walgreens to print out.

Now, let us say that I don't want to use the internet on the phone on a regular basis, I just want to take the occasional photo and print it out. Can I do this somehow using the M500 without subscribing to Power Vision every month? Can I take the phone to Walgreens, connect it (or it's memory card) to the Walgreens printer and print my photo? Or can I email it to a web site on a pay per use basis?

Will the quality of the prints be acceptable? The camera is advertised as a 1.3 Megapixel unit.

2. nKrypteD1

nKrypteD1 Software Architect

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola Droid X
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    You'll find that most camera phones (besides the high end sony and I believe LG) have subquality pictures, you could however accomplish what you've set out to do. Most phones with cameras that are "media phones" have some form of memory card access (say Mini/Micro SD, memory stick pro, Duo or whatever it is sony has dubbed theirs) that you could transfer your images to, the phones that do not will allow you to upload via USB cable or the phones data connection to your pc or the web. The problem with the camera's is that they are added in as a secondary feature (which well they should be, I mean who's seen a camera with a phone as a secondary tool) usually the color isn't great, pictures are grainy and out of focus, etc, it's great for the occassional photographer, but if you want to take family pictures, etc go ahead and spend the money on a decent camera.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    My little Sanyo MM7500 can be hooked up to any PictBridge printer, too. - sheureka

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    1.3 wont be all that great for good pictures.........my guess is the pics of that phone arent meant to be printed