Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

CDMA MicroTac

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless Forum' started by andyberes3, Dec 31, 2008.

1. andyberes3

andyberes3 New Member

Hey!,
    My name's Andrew and Ive been a member of the site for quite a while now, but never really posted. Presently I have a bberry storm and a startac activated on pageplus cellular. Im looking for a CDMA microtac that I could activate on PPC, or something with a long, retractable antenna. My dad has a cabin up in northern PA, by NY and there's quite some reception issues, but the startac manages to pull some reception if I go outside the cabin (it's in a valley) but i'm thinking a microtac would be a good bet with its long, retractable antenna. I have some microtac's I could trade if anybody is interested, a 650e, and two GSM versions, the select 2000e and spirit 1500, neither of which are unlocked.

You can AIM me at andyberes3@gmail.com or windows live IM me at andyberes3@hotmail.com

Thanks, Andrew

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    I don't think you can activate one now... I don't think there was an E911 compliant Microtac made. If you had one that was already activated on an account you could continue to use it, but once deactivated I don't think you can reactivate it at this point.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. andyberes3

andyberes3 New Member

I've activated many different non-e911 phones with pageplus before. Thats why I use PPC, because they actually let you use phones that work.

4. andyberes3

andyberes3 New Member

Im basically looking for a brick/mini-brick that 's CDMA with good power output. Are these Audiovox models any good? 9155-GPX, CDM-8300, and the CDM-9000.

Thanks, Andy

5. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    I have heard that PagePlus does this; however, you will have to find your equipment...

I am not sure about power output, but the Motorola E815 and Motorola V325 pulled in great reception and they are easier to find than the defunct Audiovox models. The aforementioned Motorolas have extendable antennae (I think 2 to 3 inches). I dont know of any other bar style phones that will suit you besides the Audiovoxes.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...