Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

CDMA interference/noise?

Discussion in 'GENERAL Wireless Discussion' started by TWX, Apr 11, 2011.

1. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    Hey Guys,

Recently I switched from AT&T to Verizon Wireless. I purchased a CDMA iPhone 4 because it fits my needs. However, it's been about 8 years since I was on a CDMA network. I love the call clarity and 3G data speed in my area. However, once in a while when I am within the first few minutes of a call, I will hear an odd "zzzzht" "zzzt" zapping noise. This sometimes goes on for 10 seconds or more/less, then disappears for the remainder of the call. I never heard this on my GSM iPhone besides the interference with some speakers.

Have any of you on a CDMA network heard this while on a call? Or is it my iPhone's earpiece?

2. crood

crood Senior Member

My Phone:
    Samsung Moment
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I was on Verizon for years and am now on Sprint. I've never experienced anything like that. I suspect the phone. Do you know anyone else with a Verizon iPhone?

3. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I have another Verizon iPhone on a different line. I tested calls between it today and heard nothing on either phone. In fact, I heard no buzz or zapping noise all day. The last time I heard it was in my basement, which was with 2 or 3 bars of signal. Also, my WiFi booster was about 12 feet away from me, so maybe that had something to do with it. I remember reading somewhere that on the Verizon iPhone, some units get affected by WiFi when the phone is near a WiFi router/booster.

4. QLR

QLR RIP Note!

My Phone:
    Samsung Galaxy S8+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, AT&T based Tracfone, T-Mobile
    This is weird, but sometimes I have my Zune too close to my Incredible and I hear some noise through my earplugs...but this only happens to me at work. Zune + Computer/monitor + phone yields the buzz on my earbuds. I never heard it on a phone call at all.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. TWX

TWX Mobile Enthusiast

My Phone:
    iPhone 5s
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I think I may have figured out the problem/cause. When talking on my iPhone 4, if I push the earpiece with more force against my ear/face, the more the earpiece speaker makes the "static: ssszzht" noise. It's faint but I can hear it without listening for it during calls. I really don't want to get a replacement because I had to replace my original iPhone 4 for Verizon about 2 weeks ago. Since then I put Steinheil screen/backplate protectors on the replacement and did a really nice job. If I get a replacement, I'll have to buy new protectors and redo the entire process.