Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Cases for 6230

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by viewfly, Dec 28, 2004.

1. viewfly

viewfly Mobile RF Advisor

My Phone:
    iPhone XS Space Grey
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T; Tmobile SIM only
    I normally don't use phone cases, except when really needed. Usually I just keep it in my pocket. However, I did find some good cases for the 6230. I wonder what other people use?

1)I need one for complete weather protection, like the beach. The best one I found, that keeps the camera lens protected, but still useable, is from Krusell at Krusell for $22.

2)A midsize camera pouch, with locking, rotating belt clip I found at Kmart (made by Belkin) for $8. Works horizontal or vertical. Another seller is at 6230 pouch Its very small and easy to remove, but secure because of the elastic. If you google around, you'll find they come in many colors, leathers, designs. I like it better than Nokia horizontal case I had. They come in 3/4 or full cover length.

3)But probably the cheapest and the best for using in pants or shirt pocket is a soft feltlined eyeglass case I have for clip-on sunglasses. I can just slip the phone in and place it in my pants,shirt or jacket pocket; it adds no bulk and keeps the phone vertical in my pocket. It is not a secure,and I don't use one with a shirt clip, but it keeps the screen from damage from loose change, keys, or just constant movement in a pocket. My wife loves the idea for her purse. Very small bulk. Something like this: slip in case Mine is a little shorter, 5 3/4", but the one shown can be cut. The price can't be beat and there are zillions out there to chose from!

Another idea was a pouch with strings, like the one I use for my gold nuggets :D , but it is not as practical. The eyeglass case works great for the times I need to go through airport security. A hard clamshell probably is even better for that.

All these things work well because the phone is so small: 4.1" x 1.7" x 0.79". If the worst happens, and the case is completely damaged (or lens cover ruined), both the front and back can be replaced with OEM covers, but they run $35.

Best,

#1 viewfly, Dec 28, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2004