Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Can't receive incoming calls - Verizon

Discussion in 'Northeastern US Wireless Forum' started by kpm121, Jan 7, 2004.

1. kpm121

kpm121 New Member

My Phone:
    LG 6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Recently, I was told by several people that they had tried to call me but they were transfered directly to voicemail. My phone was on and I had at least 3 bars. I called VZW Tech Support and they said that my phone is not registering with the tower. They told me to dial *18 and wait for the tone to re-register my phone on the network. This has happened a few times, I'd say over the past 2 weeks. Has anyone else had the same problem with Verizon in North Jersey or other areas?

Overall I would say Verizon has been great. I have had Verizon for about 6 years (it was Bell Atlantic Mobile back then). When I called Tech Support, I didn't even have to wait on hold. I have had a few small problems but they were always resolved quickly (even issues with reception in my neighborhood).

4.9 Cents/Min Long Distance -- 9.95/month unlimited dial-up

[​IMG]

2. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    you shouldnt really ever have to dial *18. designed for roaming and registering your phone on a non native system, it should be done automatically now and powering off your phone should do the same thing. i would ask to speak to a level 2 tech...

can you recieve any calls? if not then check to make sure call forwarding didnt somehow get activated.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Critic

Critic The Digital Ruler

My Phone:
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I'm wondering, if we're talking about non-native networks, would a call to *228 to make sure the phone has the most current PRL make a difference in this situation?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. kpm121

kpm121 New Member

My Phone:
    LG 6100
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    That's interesting about registering on a non-native network. So far ever since I dialed *18 I have been able to receive calls normally. But I think it may happen again.

5. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S8
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Sometimes phones will simply get pushed out of the network and you need to power cycle to re-register and be able to receive calls. Don't know why it happens but it does. Could be the phone or could be the network.

6. Jerro

Jerro Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG EV 3
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZw
    If this is your HOME area this should not happen. Forget *18.
    If this happens in other areas where you have full bars, it may well be the phone.
    If it were me I would try another phone.

7. GoodmanR

GoodmanR Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Moto v3 Razr
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Cingular (Voice) + T-Mobile (Blackberry)
    Updating your PRL shouldn't make a difference. Customer service doesn't know what a PRL is so they may tell you to do that anyways. People don't understand that a PRL isn't a complete list of towers that improves service in your home calling area. It's not.....

Im glad its working so far though. Sometimes, as larry said, phones do get pushed off the network. You really shouldn't ever have to use *18 though, especailly in your home calling area, powering off the phone will be equally if not mroe effective.