Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Can't find the Nokia 3395 anywhere!!

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by ethanjs69, Aug 13, 2002.

1. ethanjs69

ethanjs69 New Member

Where can I buy the Nokia 3395?

I've gone to a few stores and most sales reps haven't even heard of the 3395. For those who don't know, it's the update to the 3390, and it adds wireless web plus a few other features. There's more about it on Nokia's Web site (www.nokiausa.com), or there's a good cnet review.

The problem is that I can't seem to find this model available anywhere, as every web store I've gone to always asks for my zip code (20853) first, then it will filter out the phones that are usually not available in my area (washington, DC metro area). But it uses the same GSM 1900 that the 3390 uses, so it should be compatible with voicestream here in DC, right?

Is there a chance that the 3395 will be available here sometime soon? Or is it not worth the wait? I'm really enticed at the 3390 $75 back deal from amazon.com (they sell the 3390 for 50 bucks but have a $125 rebate). But the 3390 does not have the wireless web support and it would be nice to have that. Any ideas?

click here to see the full cnet review of the nokia 3395

2. ethanjs69

ethanjs69 New Member

Where can I buy the Nokia 3395?

oh yea I forgot to mention that these deals are with the voicestream service (Which is fine cuz I think their coverage is pretty good around here anyways.)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Did you try Ebay? I am looking for one as well and I have Voicestream service. The only thing is you have to make sure you get one thats unlocked or else the browser features won't work. Cingular is the only provider that carries the 3395. Trust me...I've called Voicestream and complained about that.
    You can also try
    null
    There is a guy there that might have one. His user name is lvwireless.

4. Darla

Darla New Member

My Phone:
    Nokia N95 (pink)
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile US, T-Mobile UK, Cingular
    Sorry... this post was originally from me but I wasn't logged on. (duh)

5. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    The Nokia 3395 is only sold by Cingular is their GSM markets and the phone is usually locked to their network so basically it isn't going to work with another GSM carrier unless you can get the phone unlocked.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

hi, i live in the west coast which is in las vegas, and they have the nokia 3395 out here. i'm getting that phone out. the nokia 3395 is with cingular wireless. i think the only on the west cost, cingular only provides the nokia 3395 on the west cost. my zipcode i 89123, if you wanna go to cingular wireless. com use my zipcode and the will show all the phones they have

7. ComicalMoodyDan

ComicalMoodyDan Gold Senior Member

My Phone:
    LG Volt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Not true the Nokia 3395 is avaible in all Cingular GSM area's. Cingular has GSM service in CA, NV, East TN, NC, SC, and parts of GA and southwest VA.