Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Can't Answer Incoming Calls on Treo 700wx when Phone is Locked

Discussion in 'Other Smartphones and Mobile Operating Systems' started by mbressman, Oct 10, 2006.

1. mbressman

mbressman New Member

My Phone:
    PPC 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I just recently switched from a PPC 6700 to a Treo 700wx, and am experiencing a real serious issue here. I can't see who is calling or answer any incoming calls (or ignore them) when the phone is off and locked (via the lock capability in the settings -> personal section). I was able to do this on my PPC 6700. I need to keep the lock functionality enabled because I keep sensitive information on my phone and if it is lost, I do not want such information to be readily accessible to anyone who finds it (or steals it). However, not being able to answer incoming phone calls or see who is calling me unless my phone is previously unlocked just doesn't work for me, as 99% of the time I'll get phone calls when I'm not using the phone and therefore it is turned off and locked. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas on how I can fix this? Thanks!!

2. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    I will try to see if I can help, it may take me a while though. The lock(s) on the wx do act strangely. I and to install 6700 type keylock developed by someone from xda-developers so I could keep the phone active, by locking the keys and dimming the screen so I could continue to listen to mp3s. The lock(s) on the wx turned my device off completely. :(

3. mbressman

mbressman New Member

My Phone:
    PPC 6700
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    Looks like as long as you don't have the device display your owner information or notes information, it will allow you to answer incoming calls when the device is locked and see who is calling you when the device is locked. This is still annoying though, because I keep an "In Case of Emergency" on the notes field and have that display whenever my phone is turned on so in case something happens to me and someone finds my phone, they will know who to call. Now, I can't do that anymore until this bug is fixed because otherwise I can't answer incoming calls (or see who is even calling me) without first having to unlock my phone.

Hopefully Sprint or Palm or Microsoft will fix this ASAP! What is the best procedure to follow to inform those companies of this problem??

4. budney

budney Resident Headbanger
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    iPhone 6s+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T
    OK, All I will say is that these lock(s) on this device are a PITA. One time I think I had the same problem as you, but every other time it acted differently. :confused: I would recommend you search the TreoCentral forums to see if others have posted about the problem, if not post your problem over at the 700w/wx TreoCentral forum here.