Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Can you tell who the carrier is?

Discussion in 'Cell Tower Hunting Club' started by sheureka, Dec 16, 2007.

1. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    This tower is directly across the canyon from my house in Bisbee AZ. I posted the lat/long, etc., with the picture on the tower hunting page. And I have no idea how this works, but I'd like to figure out who the carrier is. Can anyone tell me? TIA - sheureka

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. COtech

COtech Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    Sam. Galaxy SII Skyrocket
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T Mobility
    I can tell that you have two PCS carriers and one Cellular carrier's antennas (perhaps SMR of Nextel). Quickest is to inspect any labeling on their electric meters (one per carrier), and on their telco termination boxes. You'll find them outside of the fence, along the access drive, mounted on a metal rectangular frame.

Your PCS carriers could be AT&T, Sprint, or T-Mobile. You might see older names like Voicestream or Cingular. Your cellular carriers are Alltel and Verizon

COtech

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. RadioFoneGuy

RadioFoneGuy Powered by HTC FUZE

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    The death star formally known as Cell One.
    You cant necassarily tell either 850 or 1900 by the panels unless you are familiar with style a carrier uses. Both 850 and 1900 panels both come in the 3 foot and 6 foot style panels. I have both in my area multiple carriers use different antennas. The taller antennas are used when a carrier needs more gain.

To me the bottom looks like a Verizon set up the middle looks like a Nextel iDen and the top looks like either Tmobile or ATT. That just a guess.

4. RadioFoneGuy

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    I take back what I said, the picture is to hard to really tell what is what.

5. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    The trouble is this is all mining company land - and there's no way to get anywhere near the tower. The picture was taken from my deck which is obviously on the other side of the canyon. If I have some time tomorrow I'll try to figure out if there is at least a place that I could get closer to take a picture but I'm really not sure it's possible. The road leading up to the tower is blocked with a gate, and from the gate you can't even see the tower. Thanks for your help anyway! - sheureka

6. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    Is this near Mule Mountain?

I know that NEXTEL, ALLTEL and Verizon are on Mule Mountain.

7. RadioFoneGuy

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Your right one set looks like iDen. I havent seen any Western Wireless / Alltel from out that way to be familiar enuff with the types of panels they use there. Every Carrier tends to use slighty different antennas in each market. In Michigan Alltel uses both the tall 6 foot panels and the smaller 3 foot. The top section on this tower IMO look similar to the setups I have seen on both some old ATTWS and Voicestream (Tmobile towers)

8. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    Bisbee is in the Mule Mountains, but I don't know of any specific mountain named "Mule Mountain". - sheureka

9. Andy

Andy Diamond Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Wireless Provider(s):
    VZW, Vodafone D2, Solomo, Swisscom Mobile
    All right, sorry. I thought that the "hill" at the end of Juniper Flats Road was called Mule Mountain. There is ALLTEL, NEXTEL and Verizon right where Juniper Flats ends.

10. sheureka

sheureka Senior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Touch Pro2
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint PCS
    Oh, it might be. But this is looking across Tombstone Canyon toward the west side of 80 just south of the West Ave off ramp. Juniper Flats Rd is on the east side of 80 and considerably farther north. - sheureka

11. TelcomJunkie

TelcomJunkie Bad Handoff Investigator

Wireless Provider(s):
    Big Brother
    There is no Nextel on that tower. I'd really lean towards Sprint, Alltel and one of the GSM carriers (leaning towards AT&T).

12. RadioFoneGuy

My Phone:
    Nokia 6103, 6010, 2260
    Wireless Provider(s):

The huge panels look like alot of the iDen sites I have seen but your the guy that would know. Its hard to tell with the grainy photo.