Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Can it be done?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by bartelsse, Jun 12, 2007.

1. bartelsse

bartelsse Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Out of curiosity is there a way to get out of paying an early termination fee to Alltel & Talkabout Wireless?

2. chapulincolorado

chapulincolorado New Member

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Most of the time, no. But. Depends on particular situation.

3. bikebryan

bikebryan Senior Member

If you sell your house but don't get enough to pay off the loan, do you get to stop paying the rest because you no longer own the house? NO, of course not, as you are legally obligated to pay that loan.

When you entered into a service contract with ANY cellular provider, you entered into the same type of deal. The EDPs are part of that contract. Expect to pay it except for a few exenuating circumstance. 99% of those terminating their contracts early end up paying those EDPs.

4. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Well yes, although cell phone companies don't have any collateral. I would equivocate it to a credit card more then a home loan. But still, a contract is a contract. And there is enough weasel language to keep you from breaking it. There are very few ways to get out of a cell phone contract. If you are just looking to ditch because you can't pay anymore or something, you can't, and I wouldn't do it if I were you (hurts credit).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    There are websites that allow you to have someone else take over your contract. I can't think of any off hand but that is one way out of it without a fee.

Calling Alltel and asking them to let you out with no termination fee probably won't work unless you have an extreme situation and only about 0.1% of the population has a situation extreme enough that a wireless carrier will let you out of your contract with no fee.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. bartelsse

bartelsse Junior Member

My Phone:
    BlackBerry Tour 9630
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    Thanks for the info I was just curios. I just checked to see when my contract is over with Alltel and noticed that it will be 2 years in September. I also made another conclusion I need to keep all my cell phone records together. So no need for me to weasel out again thanks for every response.

Thank you.

7. chapulincolorado

chapulincolorado New Member

My Phone:
    LG
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    That's why I stated, "Most of the time, no. But. Depends on particular situation."
    Not everything is written in stone and the only sure thing in life is Death (hell, you can find ways of paying less taxes :biggrin: ). But. I agree with you when you state: "Expect to pay it except for a few exenuating circumstance." So:

A) Don't get into a 1 or 2yr if you will not be able to follow through.
    B) If you are willing to get into a contract, make a decision based on all information that you can get as a consumer.
    C) If you are going to get out of a contract, one would need to know the particular situation in order to answer the OP.

8. music4praise

music4praise Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola W766
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon, Ting
    You were probably referring to celltradeusa.com.

9. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, thanks.

That's one of them, there are two or three, I think.