Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Can I use an Alltel Kyocera SE44 Slider with Verizon?

Discussion in 'Alltel Forum' started by PaulieWalnuts, Mar 30, 2006.

1. PaulieWalnuts

PaulieWalnuts New Member

i recently smashed my Verizon LG VX4500 and am trying to find out if i can get my Kyocera SE44 Slider to work with verizon? can it be done? what will i have to do?

thanks

josh

2. PaulieWalnuts

PaulieWalnuts New Member

anyone...im going out of town tomorrow and need to get this phone working!

thanks

josh

3. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Yes, you can use an Alltel handset on Verizon's network if Verizon will activate it. You will need to reprogram the Slider with your MDN, MIN and home SID. You will also need to update the PRL to a Verizon PRL.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. PaulieWalnuts

PaulieWalnuts New Member

WOOO! i have no idea what MDN, MIN, SID, or PRL mean. id love to know what they mean and how to do it?

thanks

josh

5. strunke

strunke .:|Always Covered|:.

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8230, KRZR K1m
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel, T-Mobile, Sprint, Centennial
    Your MIN and you MDN is just your 10 digit phone number, the SID is the network you run on, which is unique to your area. The tech you talk to should be able to provide the SID for you, if not it is on the internet. The PRL may load after dialing *228, if the ESN is on their system you should be able to do it over the phone. If not you will have to go to the store and have them flash your phone with their software.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. MOTOhooligan

MOTOhooligan Former Mobile Data Addict

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Motorola XT1929-17
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon
    Sorry about that...

MDN- Mobile Directory Number, your phone number.

MIN- Mobile Identity Number, could be the same as your number but it could be different. The MIN was instituted due to number portability.

SID- System ID, the five-digit number assigned to your immediate home network.

PRL- Preferred Roaming List, essentially a prioritized list of towers your phone can use.