Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

CAN I TAKE THE SIM CARD FROM A NOKIA 5165 AND INSERT IT INTO A NOKIA 7210?!?!?!?

Discussion in 'NOKIA' started by BigSexy, Dec 28, 2002.

1. BigSexy

BigSexy New Member

I have a nokia 5165 phone right now and I just bought a brand new nokia 7210 phone off of ebay. It is unlocked. Can i take the SIM card from my 5165 phone and insert it into my nokia 7210 phone?? If I do so will the 7210 have the same number and everything as the phone that the SIM is from.
    Is the SIM card under the gray sticker when you take the battery off. How do I get to the card?

2. BigSexy

BigSexy New Member

Can I only do this with GSM phones?? If so what i think i am going to do is get a nokia 3390 phone since it is gsm and one i get that activated take the SIM card out of that and put it into my nokia 7210 phone i think it will work?
    Thanks alot

3. Ghostrider

Ghostrider Junior Member

Yes you can use your sim card from your 5165 inside the 7210. All your phone numbers on the sim card will work in the 7210. Mind you, you will need to contact your service provider to use the GPRS/SMS/TEXT MESSAGING. All those are unique settings provider.

If you have Voicestream/T-mobile, I can help you w/ those settings.

I am not quite sure where the sim card is on the 5165. I reckon it's under the battery.

4. BigSexy

BigSexy New Member

Will it be a illegal procedure for me to take the sim card out of my 5165 and put it into a 7210? Also how will I set up the text messaging? I already have it on my 5165 so when i take the SIM card out will the messaging on my 7120 automatically work?
    Thanks alot

5. NateL

NateL Junior Member

Ummm... Just incase you werent joking, the 5165 is a TDMA phone and it does not have a SIM Card. TDMA phones do not have SIM Cards. The only way you could use your existing service and keep your existing cellular number is if you are on AT&T, and it is a GSM market. If not you will have to go with T-Mobile. Which would be a new cellular number.

If you are concerned about losing your phonebook, a lot of places have a Phone Book Exchanger machine, that will swap youre phone book on to a new phone in seconds.

Nate