Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Can I sell my cell phone on ebay?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by ace41690, Aug 7, 2007.

1. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I have an mm8300 that sprint never took back when i renewed my contract and got my m610. The phone turns on and i cant really call anywhere. It says some sort of message like "if you are a sprint pcs customer call blah blah blah"

Can i sell this to someone? Will it work for them if they buy it? I really dont have a use for it so id like to sell it for some extra cash.

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    As long as your account was not in default when the phone was deactivated, and the phone is E911 compliant you can sell it and someone else can register it on their account.

-jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Ellen

Ellen Guest

Yes, because your old mm8300 that you have is E911 capable, and not active on an account at this time, you can sell it on eBay.
    I believe the reason that you are receiving that error message is because the handset is not active at this time. Once you upgraded the mm8300 to another handset, it became deactivated, but it is still able to be used as either a backup for you, or on someone else's account. The person who purchases the mm8300 from you will need to either call Sprint's CS Dept., or do an ESN change online in order to activate the handset on their account.

4. ace41690

ace41690 Junior Member

My Phone:
    HTC Hero
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint

Just one thing though. It appears that my username is still inside the phone when i go to phone info. Does that matter?

5. Ellen

Ellen Guest

No, it doesn't matter as far as selling the phone goes. There is a way for your name and number to be cleared out of the phone before you sell it, however I'm not familiar with Sprint's handsets to explain how you would do this. Maybe another Sprint user on here who is familiar with Sanyo models will be able to explain how to do it for you....If not you can still sell it. Whoever purchases your old handset will have their information on the handset once they activate it on their account.

6. larry

larry Sprint loyalist and former mod

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Galaxy S22+
    Wireless Provider(s):
    T-Mobile
    That's normal. Once the next person activates the phone it will override and erase all of your info. If you want to restore the phone you can do it but you'll need your MSL lock code to do a complete restore. If you can obtain that I can tell you how to procede from there. Otherwise you can go to the security menu in the phone and enter the lock code (last 4 digits of your PCS number). Then you can do a reset. Not everything will be erased though if you do it that way but it's better than nothing.