Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Can I Disable Direct Connect on a i560?

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by sennister, Jul 31, 2007.

1. sennister

sennister New Member

I was wondering if it is possible to disable Direct Connect on the i560?

I really do not like it and never use it. My coworkers DC me and I ignore them or call them back. It is too distracting when in meetings, it is half duplex and if you have to look for some information for the person it most likely will drop the connection and then I have to initiate it all over again. Oh did I leave out I have to repeat myself or ask them to repeat what they said half the time. Besides I have to look up the person in the contact list anyhow to DC them so it is just as easy for me to hit the green button and call them.

So can I turn it off?

They might as well get used to not having DC now because we will only have the i560 for a couple months and then we are going to the Sprint Mogul.

Thanks

2. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    A friend of mine used to be on Nextel and she never used DC either. She just called Customer Service and asked them to disable it on her line.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sennister

sennister New Member

I guess that would work. I was hoping that there is a way to turn it off on the phone. I just don't see it in the menus. This is a company phone and I doubt I can call CS and have them make a change to the account. We have several hundred of them so they would propbably disable it on the wrong phone. I may just have to keep ignoring the calls for a month or two until we get new phones again. The next ones will not have Direct Connect. I will be able to get rid of those alerts only to get bugged everytime I get an email. :censored: :(

I was so glad to get rid of the Blackberry a while back and now I am going right back to that type of system.

4. Jay2TheRescue

Jay2TheRescue Resident Spamslayer
    Super Moderator Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Pixel 4a 5G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&Tingular 310-410
    Well, if you're not authorized to make administrative changes on the line through CS, then I'd say you're stuck. I don't know if its possible to disable it on the phone unless maybe you put the phone in silent mode.

-Jay

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...