Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Can anyone HELP!

Discussion in 'Western US Wireless Forum' started by jumper, Dec 31, 2001.

1. jumper

jumper New Member

I live in the San Diego/Escondido area and I am looking for a GOOD phone and a GOOD servce provider. I now have Cingular-"verry bad" from these four; Sprint,Vresion,AT&T or Nextell which would be the best one to go with ? I am looking for a "flip phone" with all the "bells-and-whistles" Service; I am looking for a price range of apx. $30.00-$45.00 per Mo. "Free N/Wide long dis." "voice mail" and all that kinda stuff.....
    Well..... Can anyone HELP ?????

Thank You!
    jumper

2. jadman

jadman New Member

Hi Jumper,

It's hard to recommend a phone without first know which carrier you pick but as far as carriers go I would stay with either Sprint or VZW in that area.

-James

3. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    If you are going with:

Sprint-Get the samsung n200 or motorola timeport
    Verizon-lg 510 or motorola v60
    At&T-the only flip currently is the motorola v60 which is 399
    Nextel go with the i90

As to the provider you would be best with verizon.

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KevinJames

KevinJames WA's 1st retired mod

My Phone:
    Samsung S7-Edge
    Wireless Provider(s):
    AT&T & Verizon
    Though I am an ATTWS customer and proponent, I would agree with Jack on this one, Verizon is probably your best bet in San Diego. I have read posts from subscribers in San Diego that all carriers have dead spots in and around San Diego. My only experience there is at the port where the tourist ships (Carnival, Princess) come in. I used my ATTWS phone there without any problem.

By the way, I don't know if you've used "flip phones" before, but just a brief note: While they appear "cool" they can be cumbersome to use at times.

5. Uwdsr

Uwdsr Member

Jack-I see you've recommended the v60c. Have you ever used the phone? I had it for a month and got rid of it. It had a horrible echo in the earpiece and terrible coverage. Definitely not worth the money.

6. Jack

Jack Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Motorola T720
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Alltel
    No I have not but the responce I hear is either good or bad. I am thinking of picking up a v60 for myself and try it. Will let you all know what I personally think

Jack

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...