Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Caller ID shows "unavailable" & correct cell #

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by mikamar, Jul 23, 2006.

1. mikamar

mikamar New Member

When I make phone calls from my SprintPCS phone, the caller ID shows "unavailable" but displays my correct cell phone number. It is supposed to display my business name and cell phone number. I live in an area whose wires are maintained by Southwestern Bell or SBC but my local phone service is from Sage Telecom. I have called SprintPCS serveral times but they say it is the local wire company's problem. I called Sage and they said that they have no control over that and to call ATT since they maintain the Caller ID database.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what is causing this problem and whom I can call to get this problem corrected???

2. jrip

jrip Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Sanyo MM-7400
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint,Boost
    Caller ID problems have been rampant with Sprint for the past year. It's not att but Sprint. They just don't have a clue how to fix it. BTW we had the same problem with sprint for 8-10 months before I switched to Nextel.

3. mikamar

mikamar New Member

Thanks for the feedback. Will keep needling SPCS for what good it will do....

4. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    yeah......sprint creates the CID tags on a call.......most of the time though it is the real question of whether or not the recipient's wireline carrier supports all caller id tags......one time i had t-mobile and was roaming on immix which is local to my area......whenthe other end received the call....they asked my why my number displayed unknown....i called tmobile and asked and they said that it was because Tmobiles roaming carriers might not grant the pass through of caller id tags thus showing up as unknown on a recipients CID monitor.....so it could be either............

my local wireline carrier is Verizon (<3) and when you are called by someone using a cellphone it always says "Wireless Caller" instead of the name....now im not sure if that is because the wireless caller's carrier decided to not transmit the name or because Verizon automatically displays it as such :confused:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...