Welcome to Our WirelessAdvisor Community!

You are viewing our forums as a GUEST. Please join us so you can post and view all the pictures.
Registration is easy, fast and FREE!

Call Tones

Discussion in 'Sprint Forum' started by Steve B, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    I read on Sprint's site that the songs you purchase for Call Tones are stored in your "My Content Manager". My question is can you upload your own call tones to you use? If so, does it cost to use call tones if you use your own music? It probably doesn't work but, I was curious.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Gman

Gman Senior Member

Cell Tower Picture Gallery:
    My Phone:
    Epic 4G
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    I've not read about anything like that before. It does sound like a good idea and if they feel they can get a buck out of folks for it perhaps it will happen.

I have a call tone for my girlfriend that makes her laugh so it was definitely worth the couple bucks.

3. SmArTeStChIlD421

SmArTeStChIlD421 Silver Senior Member

My Phone:
    Blackberry 8830
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Sprint
    no as of now you can't do that because the calltones service is run by storing the calltone on sprints network servers so when you upload your own your not paying for 365 days of storage that comes with the music purchase.....

calltones expire after 365 days and if we were allowed to upload our own then there servers would start getting expensive to maintain

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Jaffaman

Jaffaman New Member

Call Tones are what replace the "ring-ring" sound that your callers hear while they are waiting for you to answer your phone. The original "ring-ring" is supplied by your phone company and so are your chosen call tones.

Call tones suppliers will usually provide you with a list of available choices, much in the same way that they already do for ringtones.

There is a monthly charge for your chosen call tones and this charge varies from company to company, again, in the same way as ringtones.

Peculiarly, not all phone companies actually refer to their call tones as call tones, so your existing phone supplier may actually supply call tones for you to use, but may be marketing them under a different description.

A list of alternative descriptions for call tones can be found at CallTones.com

5. Steve B

Steve B Bronze Senior Member

My Phone:
    iPhone 12 Pro Max
    Wireless Provider(s):
    Verizon Wireless
    LOL, talking about a blast from the past. Someone actually revived this year old thread. LOL